Rapido Maidstone. 27-28th September

Heather Kay

Western Thunderer
I was hoping Best Beloved and I could attend. If the show had been Saturday and Sunday it might have happened. However, due to an unfortunate clash of diaries we find ourselves in Somerset, travelling back on the final day of the show.

Greengiant

Western Thunderer
We had a good show with The Yard today. It was a lot busier than I expected for a Friday. Lots of lovely layouts on show.
Down side was the cafe food service, it was so slow with waiting times of 45 mins+. We finally got our lunch after the queue died down a bit at 2:45pm, but most of the food had sold out and left with a ham sandwich.

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Lovely first day with Ewe. Agree that it was busier than expected and I'm quite hoarse this evening from all the chatting .

I must say I'm looking forward to tomorrow..

Rob

AJC

Western Thunderer
I popped over for a couple of hours yesterday - a good show, some excellent layouts, well-attended. The sheer range of forthcoming product from Rapido is just extraordinary, isn't it? Some great stuff in store (though yes, EM and P4 is... tricky).

Adam

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
SB as Judy in the flowery dress?

Funny you should mention that. I was chatting with "The Management " for next year's Uckfield show today regarding one individual in particular who has been invited with their layout. Said individual needn't worry. I was only too pleased to take the opportunity to put in a GOOD word for them......well, quite a few GOOD words and knowing how fond they are of such things, I asked if they could be located immediately adjacent to a nice Great Western layout, preferably one with lots of PANNIERS. Seems that's not a problem at all. How good is that !

SB

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Funny you should mention that. I was chatting with "The Management " for next year's Uckfield show today regarding one individual in particular who has been invited with their layout. Said individual needn't worry. I was only too pleased to take the opportunity to put in a GOOD word for them......well, quite a few GOOD words and knowing how fond they are of such things, I asked if they could be located immediately adjacent to a nice Great Western layout, preferably one with lots of PANNIERS. Seems that's not a problem at all. How good is that !

SB

Far too kind. You have surpassed yourself in kindness and joy.

Osgood

Western Thunderer
SB as Judy in the flowery dress?
Well - this just seen on SM:

Witnessed awful behaviour at the Maidstone Show yesterday.
A man and woman arguing in front of a load of kids watching a layout.
Then she smacked him one on the head and it all kicked off between them, a policeman turned up ended up using his baton on the bloke but the man managed to get the baton off the copper and started hitting the copper and the woman with it.
Then a crocodile turned up and stole all the sausages.