Reading O Gauge Trade Show, 4th December 2021

lankytank

Western Thunderer
Perhaps Farnborough ?

Who knows Col..... there are a significant number of towns along the M3 (it's a surprisingly long motorway) to have schools/leisure centres etcetera. that 'could' fit the bill - Southampton, Eastleigh, Winchester, Alton, Basingstoke, etcetera, etcetara, etcetarara.......... :confused:

Focalplane

Western Thunderer
I spoke to Roger Whittam at Tower about 10 days ago. He thought then that Reading was unlikely to go ahead.

This all sounds so BoJo-ish!

daifly

Western Thunderer
When I saw Dan’s post I could find nothing to corroborate it, particularly, as Les highlights, on the Guildford group’s own website. So I also wrote early this afternoon to get some clarity. I’ll report back if/when a reply is received. Dave
Well I got a reply today:
Hello,
The show will not go ahead at Reading Rivermead. We have been offered space, on the same date, at the Farnborough Aerospace Centre where the Farnborough Airshow is held.
We are still in negotiation with them and will update everyone on the outcome ASAP.
We post the current situation on the Club website and on the Guild Forum Clubs section.
Regards,
Tony Elliott

At least we know where it might take place!
Dave

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
I think that it was odds on as far as the location was concerned having been given the clue about ‘ other forms of transport’

There have been reports of protestors chaining themselves to the gates protesting against private flying here recently, let us hope that it does not escalate.

regards

Mike

Arun Sharma

Western Thunderer
I think that it was odds on as far as the location was concerned having been given the clue about ‘ other forms of transport’

There have been reports of protestors chaining themselves to the gates protesting against private flying here recently, let us hope that it does not escalate.

regards

Mike
Interesting - I was posted to RAE Farnborough in 1991 on return from the Gulf War. My Cessna 150 Aerobat was based there for the 15 months I was there at RAF IAM and the number of civilian-registered aircraft movements was seriously restricted by MoD owing to noise concerns - In spite of the airfield having been there long before any houses existed in the vicinity. On effective privatisation, the airfield owners decided that it would be a homebase for small/executive jet traffic and thus over the last 20 years the noise levels and number of movements has increased significantly.

Last edited: