Replacement nose ladders for Dapol 08

Discussion in 'Resources' started by Ressaldar, 15 March 2019.

1. Ressaldar

Ressaldar Western Thunderer

I have damaged - beyond repair, one of the very fragile nose ladders on my Dapol 08 and wondered if anyone was aware of a replacement etch on the market that I could obtain?

regards

Mike

2. John TAYLOR

John TAYLOR Western Thunderer

Hi Mike
    I assume you know that DCC supplies do Dapol spares, although the ladders are currently out of stock you can pre -order.

Class 08 O Ladder Black (pair)

Cheers
    John

3. Ressaldar

Ressaldar Western Thunderer

Hi John,

that is good news and thank you for pointing it out. I had looked some time ago and they were not listed. I have emailed to notify me when they are back in stock - hopefully not too long now that the Chinese New Year is done and dusted!

regards

Mike

4. Stewart

Stewart Western Thunderer

Hi Mike

I have done the same!

I approached Dapol direct without success, so many thanks John, for your information.

Best regards
    Mark

5. auld_boot

auld_boot Western Thunderer

Hi Mike,
    I have no idea if they'll fit but I have these from an old Acorn 08 kit that are going spare if you're interested, despite my scan making it look grey it's a brass etch. PM your address if you want them and I'll pop them in the post, freebie!
    Sorry Mark but Mike did ask first.
    Darren
    Ladder001.jpg

6. Hal Nail

Hal Nail Member

I can’t inagine Dapol make random new batches of spares one they have sold out.

Worth an add in the wanted sections - surely someone will have picked up a second hand loco with unwanted ladders and removed them?