Scale Hardware

Temeraire

Western Thunderer
Just in the process of gather parts together for my JLTRT class 50 build.

One thing I noticed on preparing the bogie frames is that the imitation bolt heads on the axlebox covers
are very easy to break off being very thin resin. I "did" a couple myself and some were already off when the kit arrived. I've been through and trimmed all the remaining ones off as I don't see them standing up to handling very well long term.

I've been looking at the Scale Hardware range of goodies and I reckon the 0.5mm hex bolts would be a good replacement. These are the smallest ones they do. My rather crude calipers make the measurement of the moulded
"bolts" to be 0.46mm so close enough for me!

Has anyone used/ordered any of the Scale Hardware stuff and have any thoughts if they'd be suitable?

Thanks
Anthony

28ten

Guv'nor
Scale hardware ship really quickly and the bolts are top quality, the main problem is that once you have replaced one bolt you will want to do them all! thoroughly recommended :thumbs:

Temeraire

Western Thunderer
Sorry CME wasn't on last night so the "guv" beat me to it.

Don't look!! That's all I'm saying. Your credit card and wife/partner/children/bank manager, etc will thank me for it!

(oh the possibilities!)

adrian

Flying Squad
Temeraire said:
Sorry CME wasn't on last night so the "guv" beat me to it.
Don't look!! That's all I'm saying. Your credit card and wife/partner/children/bank manager, etc will thank me for it!
Tell me about it!! Last time I went on just for a few bolts, by the time I'd finished it put a ?90 dent in my credit card. I think the problem is the idea that it's getting shipped from the States. So I end up thinking that whilst they're posting a few bits then I'll just add a few extra items just to make it worthwhile!
Adrian