Scale7 JB Workbench.

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
You're absolutely right Adrian, it's one of the things I need to go back and rectify.. I think the combination lever (?) is too long in the kit.

One of the things I need to go back and rectify, although there was a bit of a downward slant on the prototype, just not that much...

JB.

Lovely Job on the L1 mate, looks like you're nearly there now. Apologies for not sorting out the valve gear drawings, I just haven't had chance to get up to the search engine. Great to see you back posting again, how's the G5 coming on, nearly finished I bet ?

ATB Mick

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
Lovely Job on the L1 mate, looks like you're nearly there now. Apologies for not sorting out the valve gear drawings, ..........
ATB Mick

Saw the L1 running Sunday Mick, very smooth:thumbs:
JB was concerned over a constant derailment in one spot, at first he was looking for fault with the rear bogie but I know he's built that perfectly and we found it was a severe hump in the trackwork?
still not sure why it's there but the WMR team will have to sort that one out.

ATB, Col.

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
Crumbs !! I thought a statement like that would have caused a press black out, knowing what you S7 chaps are like :D;)
ATB, Martyn.

Hah yes Martyn:rolleyes: but then none of us is perfect:D I suppose a hump in the track is a bit of an exageration realy I think what may have happened that it's right over a joint between base boards and we did have some issues with leveling on an uneven floor plus the fact that the line at that point starts easing down a gradient, it's harder to explain than actualy to show if you were there:confused: if that makes sense.....or :)) not.

Col.:)

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
Hi Col,

Yes I can imagine the problem, it is always awkward as to how to start a gradient as gently as possible :thumbs:, just thought I would have some banter with you 33 millers :D.

ATB, Martyn.

Vice president of the 32 mill finescale fan club.

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
Hi Col,
Yes I can imagine the problem, it is always awkward as to how to start a gradient as gently as possible :thumbs:, just thought I would have some banter with you 33 millers :D.
ATB, Martyn.
Vice president of the 32 mill finescale fan club.

The thing with track work problems is that regardless of gauge their the same:thumbs:

ATB, Col.:D

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Thanks everybody, yes the L1 was running okay, though a little more running in and cleaning of pickups is needed..

I shall need to take some time away from the workbench to work on some websites... Mostly Colin's Eastsidepilot site... An addition of a track building service which seems very reasonable to me..!

JB.

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Colin is offering a service of building permanent way to order... and I should really have said "....which seems very reasonably priced to me...".

JB.

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
More necessary fiddling !

One of those jobs I really wasnt looking forward tom but after a rummage through a bargain castings bin at Kettering I got some essential bits..

Before.. not deep enough and looks hopeless..
L1backplate1.JPG

Clearing all the rubbish off..
L1backplate2.jpg

Kindof after.. I added some thin brass around the edge to make it deeper too.. More to do just yet of course..
L1backplate3.jpg

Massive difference..!

JB.

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Very nice,:thumbs: the Steam pipe replacement looks the business too.
Is the L1 a Gladiator designed kit or does it have it origins elsewhere? I know that David Andrews designed some of the range (I have the Andrews designed B2 in the pile) and I believe that some of the range are ex Fourtrack too?

alcazar

That backhead looks loads better. Why does no-one remove and replace the firebox door and opening bits?
Also, where did all the bits for the new backhead come from? They are quite impressive.

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
Lovely work there mate. Your upgrade looks a million times better. Where did the washout plug castings come from as i 'm going to need some for a couple of projects this year. Looks like the L1 is coming along nicely, will it be painted in a batch along with the K2?

ATB Mick