Signing On

M

mikemeg

Hi - Like others from another place, I'm just signing on and feeling my way around.  Again, like others, I don't model the GWR or BR(WR) but the LNER and BR(NE) but I'm sure I can find a valid excuse for some Collett and Hawksworth coaches and ex-GWR freight vehicles.

Really enjoying looking at some of the models and modelling on here.

So I guess once I'm familiar with the site and its workings then I'll post some words and pictures.

Cheers

Mike

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Hi Mike, good to see you, I look forward to some examples of your superb modelling. :thumbs: :thumbs: From another LNER orientated modeller

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
Now then Mike,

Glad to welcome you aboard and looking forward to seeing some more signal bridge pictures and maybe the odd T1. Us LNER boys are growing in Numbers, long live Area 51  :)) :)),

Best regards Mick

M

mikemeg

So many welcoming messages and encouraging comments; many thanks to one and all.

Let's start with a photo which is, perhaps, becoming a 'signature picture' for me and encapsulates everything that I am seeking to do in the hobby.

So sitting on the bridge over the railway, now more years ago than I care to remember, just waiting for the signals to be pulled off to signify the passing of another of that seemingly never ending procession of trains which was the railway of my childhood and youth.

Ah happy days!

Mike

Attachments

• Memories.JPG
    Memories.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 3
M

mikemeg

Hi JB,

This is 4mm, the gauge is P4. This is an actual place - Hessle Haven - as it appeared in 1950 and up to around 1964, when the rationalisations started to take place.

Here's another photo which could also be a signature picture for me and the railway. The picture is simply called 'Early Morning A1' and was taken in the early morning sunlight of a June day. I was going to bin this photo - the depth of field has just gone - but was pursuaded to keep it, somehow it seems to work.

Cheers

Mike

Attachments

• Hessle Haven - 001.jpg
    Hessle Haven - 001.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 2
M

mikemeg

JB,

And, as you did mention it, one more photo for now.  This is the first loco which I scratch built, now about four years ago.  The picture is called 'Basking in the sunshine' and, again, was taken in the natural light of an early summer's day. I do try to take photos from the viewing angles from which we would have seen the railway; it's an attempt to re-create those long remembered images of the railway which I, and so many of my mates, knew and loved.

These T1's were truly magnificent things.

Cheers

Mike

Attachments

• P2240003.JPG
    P2240003.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 2
M

mikemeg

Scale7JB said:
Might I have seen this layout on uh hum.... another forum, starting with an RM, and finishing with Web ?  :))

JB.

You might just have, yes. The photos are not new and have been posted a time or two but they still, hopefully, speak of a different time, a different world and a very different railway.

Cheers

Mike

28ten

Guv'nor
Scale7JB said:
Might I have seen this layout on uh hum.... another forum, starting with an RM, and finishing with Web ?  :))

JB.
its ok we are not the BBC  :))
Very nice pictures btw  :thumbs: I admire anybody capable of working in P4