Video Sleeper Tops

Buckjumper

Flying Squad
This was posted to the 7mm group this evening and caught my eye (have pity on me; I have Manflu and am clutching at straws for entertainment...)

I thought the process very interesting, however it was the condition of the sleeper top at time index 5.59(ish!) which caught my eye. For main lines, grab your walnut sleepers, some Mr. Sheen and a polishing mop for the mini-drill!

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
ah, what a lot of fussy palaver.... I'd love to be able to model track that does this:- :D:D:D:D

Just what is going on in this film clip? Ok, the rails are going up and down... as is the baseplate... and yet the spike seems to be stationary. Any thoughts anyone?

Old Buffer

Western Thunderer
I can't remember where I saw it, but there is a clip of some secondary track in the US, and because of the poor state of it there is a speed limit of I think 3mph. Some of the sleepers looked to be almost rotted away.

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
I thought the process very interesting, however it was the condition of the sleeper top caught my eye.

And not the visible impact of the two-bolt fishplates.... the wider joint sleepers.... :rolleyes:

I suggest that you move swiftly to the end of the queue for the back row.... ;)

'Tis enough to make an Angel Weep... or Sid Snot to ask for a tissue.... :'(

Buckjumper

Flying Squad
Lummie, I missed that!

Nothing wrong with the back row, it's further from the blackboard rubber. My old physics teacher was a deft shot, even to the back row, though he'd had practice with the Marks clan having lobbed blackboard rubbers at dad sitting in the same chair 25 years earlier. I can still hear him now; 'It's a rule, boy, not a ruler!'

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Lummie, I missed that!

Nothing wrong with the back row, it's further from the blackboard rubber. My old physics teacher was a deft shot, even to the back row....
I can still hear him now; 'It's a rule, boy'

Since when has a blackboard rubber been called a "rule"?

Buckjumper

Flying Squad
The blackboard rule was too large to throw without semi-decapitating the front two rows, so he used the nearest lobbable missile to hand.