St. Mary Hoo - P4 Southern Region third rail

Simon Glidewell

Western Thunderer
Hi Simon,

I have been absent from here for sometime, but I followed your various threads in other places. You have created a stunning layout which just oozes character and detail. Have you managed to get your turnout/diamond to work yet?

Phil
Much appreciated Phil! As with so many other nice posts about my layout, sorry for the late reply. I've been away from WT for some time too.

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
1715771423507.jpg

One thing you may wish to do during the refurbishment is to carry the ballast and scenery under the bridge through to t'other side so there is not a sharp demarkation twixt layout and fiddleyard when taking photographs and to give the impression there is more (unless it isn't finished of course...... :) ).

Simon Glidewell

Western Thunderer
One thing you may wish to do during the refurbishment is to carry the ballast and scenery under the bridge through to t'other side so there is not a sharp demarkation twixt layout and fiddleyard when taking photographs and to give the impression there is more (unless it isn't finished of course...... :) ).
Yes this is one of my plans Dave once the more pressing things on the to do list are finished ;-)

SouthernFan Ian

Western Thunderer
I’d like to join the applause for your modelmaking. I have long thought that other genres of model making such as military modelling and aircraft modelling leave us railway modellers standing when considering the quality of the end result. You have crossed that void Simon and I shall watch your thread with interest and awe!
Regards,
Ian

MarkR

Western Thunderer
Hi Simon,
One of my favourite threads, it's really good to see you posting again, looking forward to more pictures and updates!
Mark

Simon Glidewell

Western Thunderer
I’d like to join the applause for your modelmaking. I have long thought that other genres of model making such as military modelling and aircraft modelling leave us railway modellers standing when considering the quality of the end result. You have crossed that void Simon and I shall watch your thread with interest and awe!
Regards,
Ian
I'm flattered Ian! Many thanks!