Susie's Workbench

Susie

Western Thunderer
Hi All,

While sorting out a few things I came across the tabacco tin with my S scale MW in.

Here are a couple of pics as it emerged from a Nitromors bath, about 15 years ago: poor thing!

Sometime I really must get round to putting it all back together. Bare in mind that it's only just over two inches long and the pictures about twice life size.

L1000543.JPG

The holes in the tank are for fitting the Giffard injectors.

L1000542.JPG

The last time I remember running it was at the society's 40th anniversary show, twenty-five years ago!

Susie

S

Simon Dunkley

Here are a couple of pics as it emerged from a Nitromors bath, about 15 years ago: poor thing!
I remember seeing it before it went into the bath!
(ME at London, circa 1990? I bought your Unimat SL from you...)

Get it back together, Susie!

JimG

Western Thunderer
I second that!

The S-Scale MW looks a little cracker. It would be a crime not to finish it, from the pictures it looks like there's not much left to do.

Could even be ready for the Autumn meet at the beginning of next month. :):):)

Jim.

S

Simon Dunkley

Nice piece of metalwork, Susie. Let's hope you find the inspiration to complete it, it's a cracker! Did you ever fit hornblocks and wheels?
Given the words "The last time I remember running it was at the society's 40th anniversary show, twenty-five years ago!" in message 22, I think the answer to that might be obvious... :headbang:

Susie

Western Thunderer
Thanks Phil,

Of course it might have been running again sooner if someone, who happens to be on this forum hadn't had the wheels for a few years for making patterns from.....

Somewhere I have a picture of the completed engine, together with a driver converted from a Gibson figure. The driver sports a set whiskers based on the magnificent ones Paul Karau used to display, on the few occasions I met him at the PRO.

Susie

Somewhere I have a picture of the completed engine, together with a driver converted from a Gibson figure. The driver sports a set whiskers based on the magnificent ones Paul Karau used to display, on the few occasions I met him at the PRO.

Ooooo yes please, Susie, would love to see a photo of it 'complete' on its wheels, whenever you find one. It's such a characterful engine, which I must say you have done a wonderful job in capturing. I particularly admire your neat rivet work and the elegant chimney.

A superb piece of scratchbuilding in the best traditions of S scale. Keep it up!

ScottW

Western Thunderer
Hi Susie,

One loco on my "to do" list is an NBR 0-4-0ST, I'd be very interested to hear what motor/gear box combination you used and how you managed to shoehorn it in.

Regards,

Scott