7mm Tedcaster Sidings - Shock horror, permanent way at last.....

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Nice bit of joinery Rob :)

Wasn't the Barrow Hill event you mentioned the launch of the loooooooooooooong awaited Flying Scotsman ?

Phill :thumbs:

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Nice bit of joinery Rob :)

Wasn't the Barrow Hill event you mentioned the launch of the loooooooooooooong awaited Flying Scotsman ?

Phill :thumbs:
Hi Phill,
It was but sadly due to something (not really sure what) FS was not present. The line line up was Bittern, Mallard, Green Arrow, Blue Peter, Tornado, GNR N2, J94, LNER Y7, LNERJ72 (Joem), D11 Butler Henderson, J15, GNR Atlantic, A small pre group tank from the Middleton Railway and some LMS engines in the round house. I had a program but I have misplaced it. I also took 180 photos so if there is some interest I will upload a few.

Barrow Hill is also home to the Deltic preservation society and there were a tremendous amount of diesels and what looked to me like one of the former Woodhead electric loco's (sorry I don't know enough about them to be sure) and between one of the sheds and the signal box looked like the Diesel version of Barry. Sorry all but I didn't get any shots of the none steam stuff.

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
Shame to waste such a nice bit of joinery Rob. Did you see the J17 at Barrow Hill, is she still there ?

ATB Mick

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Here... is a shot to show you the size of the mistake...

Triangle001.jpg

Fair question from iploffy... after looking at the plan in an earlier post, what is wrong with using the larger corner piece? I interpret your plan as including the triangle as space is restricted at that point because of the turntable so surely a larger in-fill in that area will be of advantage to you? If not then the shed staff can make use of the extra space for growing more heads of rhubarb!

regards, Graham

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Fair question from iploffy... after looking at the plan in an earlier post, what is wrong with using the larger corner piece? I interpret your plan as including the triangle as space is restricted at that point because of the turntable so surely a larger in-fill in that area will be of advantage to you? If not then the shed staff can make use of the extra space for growing more heads of rhubarb!

regards, Graham

Hi Ian/Graham,

Sadly not, If I were to use the larger of the two triangles I wouldn't be able to get in the cupboards below without crawling on my hands and knees and neither are good at the moment and I wouldn't be able to fit in my good lady's chair which is very important to a harmonious life.:cool:

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Rob,
Was that a mix up between mm & cm. Can't beat good old feet & inches mate :D

ATB, Col.

Hi Col, sadly I cannot even say it was that simple. I had cut 600mm from one the sheets to accommodate the turntable board and despite checking the measurements still lapsed and made the triangle at 600mm each side not 300.......

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
I am still waiting for the turntable from Metalsmith (it will be with me sometime next week) so I haven't been able to do much more than get the boards painted - if I am honest Chris painted them for me while I built a Wendy house for my neighbours daughter (think miniature garden shed on 4x4 stilts). I have the bolts ready to bolt them together but when I went to B&Q to get the rest of the boards for the back scenes cut their saw had broken so I plan to try again tomorrow (It's only a minor deviation on my way home from work to a B&Q warehouse).

In the mean time I had a look at some of the Skytrex bits and pieces that we got from Bolton show and Chris made a start on painting the coaling stage.

Skytrexcoalingstage004.jpg

Skytrexcoalingstage001.jpg

Skytrexcoalingstage002.jpg

Skytrexcoalingstage003.jpg

This particular coaling stage has a water crane and and a wooden crane and buckets for the movement of the coal which I need to build up and prime before passing to Chris to work her magic on.

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Before the downpoor started at the weekend I managed to get the boards bolted together and some of the back scene attached.

When I had them back indoors I couldn't resitst laying 4 yards of rack and playing .

J63Build002.jpg

J63Build001.jpg

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Enjoy, but I still can't help thinking the wife's chair could be moved just a little further forward (no not to the garden) turned around so she can watch then you could get away with the bigger triangle. She wont notice