The lost cause - two very old kits

Heather Kay

Western Thunderer
heather
Possibly a misunderstanding????? Unless best beloved is good at lifting people out of wheelchairs!!!!!!!
XXXX john

Nuance is not easy in a text format like this. I meant my reply in a jocular manner, nothing more. Now, if I had a super power to enable me to fix everything

Tim Hale

Western Thunderer
Yorkshire Dave - “Rather than repaint the stucco I would just apply a few thin paint washes of an ochre or colours pertaining to the locale and let some of the original patina grin through. This could be wiped off the wooden framework as you proceed.”

I have both acrylic and powder ochre, similar to the AK Interactive used elsewhere on P’dorf, in addition, the wooden surfaces have been lightly dusted with a silvery/grey to highlight the detail. The powder ochre will be dusted on the three stucco walls.

If the building had been bought as a kit, the colour scheme would have been slightly different, the green windows and rain water pipework would have been painted charcoal and an attempt would have been made to repaint the stucco chalk white. However, unmade kits are very few and I will restrict my activity to the rain water pipework.

Tim