Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Back to the modelling then...............which is in danger of getting submerged.....

Sadly projext X is closer to not finished than finished

Plans to attach the backscene might have to wait unless I can do this tomorrow.
I can't afford to lose too much time on this with 25 days left before it's first exhibition, Project X must make progress.

On the to do list

Create and attach backscene.

Make and attach permanent bus bar. The usual speaker cable will be used.

Install DCC socket and stuff.

Finalise Kadee uncoupling stuff.

Buildings- several need painting and weathering.

Barrow crossings. Two are needed. Stripwood will be cut, painted and weathered.

Locos- at least two need weathering.

So, there is a lot to do between now and the 24th April.........mindful I'm also organising that show as well as closing down the Room of Doom for a week in a couple of days time due to building work at Chateau Sheep.......

Rob.
You call that a to do list? That's nothing...

Rob R

Western Thunderer
Rob,
I seem to have missed the post with the shameless plug for the show.
Where and when please (I got the 24th April bit).
I can't make it this year (working) but I need to get in early and book a day pass for next year.
Don't panic, it will all come together (eventually).
Rob R

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Rob,
I seem to have missed the post with the shameless plug for the show.
Where and when please (I got the 24th April bit).
I can't make it this year (working) but I need to get in early and book a day pass for next year.
Don't panic, it will all come together (eventually).
Rob R

If it helps it's the same show that I'm taking Polsarrett to.

Rob R

Western Thunderer
It's the RMweb Members Day down in Taunton on the 24th April. It's not a show open to the public, more of a club show and tell. As an added bonus there are always cake and pasties and some folk on the Saturday make it to the WSR. Sadly this year there will also be a stand selling off part of the estate of Grahame Hitchen.
Thank you.
Just a mere 450 mile round trip then.
Have a good day and don't eat all the pasties (well, not before lunch anyway....)

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
You think you have a TO DO list, luckily, I don't any Shows to worry about these days. View attachment 159456:D

Morning Andy. On a positive, that's more advanced than my layout for SWAG 2023. It's past the planning stage and I now have all the buildings and stock. Still need track, boards etc.....
All being well, I'll start building it around November time.

Tiny ( 4ft x 16ins scenic section ) ex LB&SCR terminus.

Rob.

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Thank you.
Just a mere 450 mile round trip then.
Have a good day and don't eat all the pasties (well, not before lunch anyway....)

Morning Rob.

SWAG '23 is coming already coming together. I have seven layouts who have indicated they will attend. Too early to give any details but there are some real belters. There will be less layouts though more demos than this year.

If the sheep has worked this out correctly then next years day should be Sunday 23rd ish. In any event it will be the same weekend in April, the one before the big Bristol show.

Rob.

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Meanwhile, fitting the backscene boards SHOULD happen this morning. However, I note that I have inadvertently provided myself with several minor challenges through not paying attention to a couple of what at the time were seemingly minor faux pas.

Updates will follow.

Rob.

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Good morning is the RMweb members day still going ahead dispute the problems
Thank you

Morning Giz.

Yes. I'm working on ways to get information out to visitors should it not return ******
In short, doors open at 10am and close at 4. Free entry to visitors.

In summary, twelve layouts, two traders plus catering and bring and buy.

At this stage visitors and exhibitors will need to have a COVID pass and to have done a lft 24hrs before the event. These will not be checked on s individual basis but we are all grown ups so we're trusting it to be done if asked etc... Masks at the discretion of the wearer.
I appreciate the above is currently guidance only but I note the recent increases across the country...........

It looks as if Rmweb is emerging from it's slumber but I'll wait a few days before posting any updates regarding the event.

Rob.

Last edited:

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Evening all.

The backscene has been added or should I say the boards for the backscene. There was some faffing involved but that was over come. I need to sort the fiddle yard next but matters will cease for a few days now while we sort the building work.

I will however post a few images in the morning....

I thank you.

Rob.

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Morning all.

Chateau Sheep is in a somewhat distressed state this morning. We are currently without windows as they are in the course of being replaced en masse.

Best way I can describe current conditions would therefore be 'fresh'. Regretably, the Room of Doom is completely out of commission and it will take some time to restore any sort of operational capability.

Due to this, Project X continues to occupy the dining table. I am currently in negotiations with the Memsahib to extend the existing permit granting said occupancy. As part of the negotiations I have offered an inducement in the form of a 'take away' meal.

Not that I'm trying to curry favour you understand.......