US Odd Wagons and Loco's

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Ooooh, likey likey!! The MNNR is a side interest of mine, after I bought the C-Vision Productions DVD of the line

I also repainted an Athearn HO CF7 as #484 City of Bayport. The real 484 is now scrapped I believe. :(

000038896923.Jpeg

The Alco RS27 418 is one of only two RS27s left worldwide - out of a grand total of 27 built :rolleyes: :oops: .... the MNNR owns both of them, 316 & 318.

Brian Daniels

Western Thunderer
Ooooh, likey likey!! The MNNR is a side interest of mine, after I bought the C-Vision Productions DVD of the line

I also repainted an Athearn HO CF7 as #484 City of Bayport. The real 484 is now scrapped I believe. :(

View attachment 192877

The Alco RS27 418 is one of only two RS27s left worldwide - out of a grand total of 27 built :rolleyes: :oops: .... the MNNR owns both of them, 316 & 318.
Tempted to do a 7mm CF7 then Jordan

garethashenden

Western Thunderer
I did think it was Jordan but I put the number in Google and I'm sure it came up with a dash 2 that's why the trucks baffled me a bit.
It was built as an SD40. At some point someone has updated the electronics and it is now classed as an SD40-2. The later lives of second generation power can be a minefield. There are lots of SD45 bodies running around with 16 cylinder engines, look like SD45s, actually SD40-2s.

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Tempted to do a 7mm CF7 then Jordan
Oh yes, would love to have one!! But from where? Pecos River brass? - rarer than the rarest hen's teeth. Use other parts like an Atlas GP7 long hood? Also rare.
I expect 3D printing would be the way to go these days for the body, with Atlas trucks & running gear.

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
SP GP40P-2 7601 and SP 7609 GP40-2 wait at Fowler CA. Don't think there were many GP40's built with boilers? 14-02-00

View attachment 193011View attachment 193012
Not that I've ever looked especially, but I don't think I've ever seen an Espee loco with the road name in yellow before, as the 7601 has? The peeling paint on the cab side seems to shoe more yellow too; was the loco from another road & repainted, or might that yellow be undercoat? Although, :eek: why you'd use yellow as an undercoat for gray....??? :confused: