USATC S100

spikey faz

Western Thunderer
My kit came with two sets of valve-gear etchings. Both slightly different. Which was really handy as it allowed me to experiment with different components to get something workable.

20240825_192800.jpg

I've still had to modify some of the etchings to try to maintain a visually pleasing if not wholly accurate setup. This is where I am at the moment. Still very much a work on progress, but it does all seem to run ok. Phew!

20240825_192404.jpg20240825_192446.jpg

Mike

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
I never even spotted the flaws with the valve gear and in my niavety pressed on regardless.

After gaining more experience over the intervening years I could undo it after your observations but as the model runs sweetly I'll be loathed to do so. Otherwise it'll end up being pushed back further in the shelf queen queue - as it is I've yet to finish the cab interior and piping.

RHS.jpg

LHS.jpg

spikey faz

Western Thunderer
I never even spotted the flaws with the valve gear and in my niavety pressed on regardless.

After gaining more experience over the intervening years I could undo it after your observations but as the model runs sweetly I'll be loathed to do so. Otherwise it'll end up being pushed back further in the shelf queen queue - as it is I've yet to finish the cab interior and piping.

View attachment 222415

View attachment 222416
Yours looks absolutely fine to me Dave. I certainly wouldn't be dismantling it at this stage, especially if you've got it running nicely.

I shortened the combination lever a little bit as well. Ironically it measured well against the drawing, but in relation to my model it was a tiny bit too long.

The rest of the valve gear has been hacked about a bit to suit my requirements. But whether it looks any better? Hmm. :rolleyes:

Mike