West Somerset Railway, 'Mixed Traffic Gala'

rosspeacock

Modelling on a £1200 table.
West Somerset Railway Mixed Traffic Gala

Austin Allegro, Hi Rob just been watching Phills video of weekend on youtube.. Makes you want to be back, It went all too quickly for me definately up for it next year :thumbs: Maybe we could have a more local meet ie: Great Central or similar you and your dad make great company we really enjoyed ourselves... Anyway nipped oustside with wifes camera and here is the agro :thumbs: :thumbs: Ross.. (ignore the burberry check seats its just a travel rug "not prototypical")

Attachments

• DLN574T.jpg
    DLN574T.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 55

lancer1027

Western Thunderer

Hi Ross, yes i did go too quickly :cry: , but thoroughly enjoyed it,both company and railway :thumbs: :thumbs: Phill pointed out in one pic Steve blagged a cab :eek: :lol: :thumbs:
I here you spent some time at Ian's (iploffy) admiring his models :thumbs:
Thanks for the pic of the allegro :thumbs: i will need to get some bronze spray :scratch: i hope you can still get it ?

Rob :wave:

rosspeacock

Modelling on a £1200 table.

I got some touch up made once no prob its BLMC bronze one of the humbrol tinlets is a close match too :thumbs: steve got the gift of the gab he always blags his way into things ha ha

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer

Jordan said:
[quote=""Phill Dyson"":37vg35vs]Hi :wave:

Here is a link to my You Tube video of the event : http://www.youtube.com/user/832onslaugh ... 4RDZLX_ZwE :)

Phill :thumbs:
Three days condensed into ten minutes.... if it was any other pleasure it'd be illegal... :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cracking shots there Phill :thumbs: a nice glimpse of it all!! :bowdown:
Those clips have made me suddenly realise that although I've ridden the WSR end-to-end several times, I've never stopped off at any of the intermediate Stations...
And weren't all the locos nice and shiny?!? If I ever did get an O scale Wessie (a big if- don't get yer hopes up Rob!! :p ) I really wouldn't have the heart to weather it, honestly..!! :oops:[/quote:37vg35vs]

Hi Jordan :wave:

I'm glad you liked it mate :D , there is some really nice line side footage here http://www.youtube.com/user/832onslaugh ... jWqiCu0wPg (by a much better cameraman than me :cool: :cool: :cool: ) :thumbs:

Cheers Phill ;)

Simon

Flying Squad

Just to add my appreciation of all the photos and videos of this event that people have taken and flagged up, really impressive stuff and thank you very much :thumbs:

When all is said and done, and whilst I "prefer" the class 22 and Warships from a modelling point of view (not sure why) the "Western" is an incredibly good looking machine, especially when seen at the head of coaching stock with which it was designed to operate.

Non standard or not, BR were insane to ditch them and as for the most of the stuff designed since....

Simon

PS I quite like the quirky design of the Allegro, in 1977 my then girlfriend's dad had one which probably gives them a bit of extra appeal from my point of view. That said I later had the successor Maestro for a while which I thought was a pile of poo, although to be fair it was extremely "well used" by the time I got it :lol:

lancer1027

Western Thunderer

A few more pics :thumbs:

[attachment=7:1v2btcyl]D7017.jpg[/attachment:1v2btcyl]

[attachment=6:1v2btcyl]D7017 (2).jpg[/attachment:1v2btcyl]

[attachment=5:1v2btcyl]kk 299.jpg[/attachment:1v2btcyl]

[attachment=4:1v2btcyl]kk 303.jpg[/attachment:1v2btcyl]

[attachment=3:1v2btcyl]kk 308.jpg[/attachment:1v2btcyl]

[attachment=2:1v2btcyl]kk 311.jpg[/attachment:1v2btcyl]

[attachment=1:1v2btcyl]kk 373.jpg[/attachment:1v2btcyl]

[attachment=0:1v2btcyl]kk 417.jpg[/attachment:1v2btcyl]

Hope you like :thumbs:

Rob :wave:

Attachments

• D7017.jpg
    D7017.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 20
  • D7017 (2).jpg
    D7017 (2).jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 20
  • kk 299.jpg
    kk 299.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 20
  • kk 303.jpg
    kk 303.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 20
  • kk 308.jpg
    kk 308.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 20
  • kk 311.jpg
    kk 311.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 20
  • kk 373.jpg
    kk 373.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 20
  • kk 417.jpg
    kk 417.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 20

28ten

Guv'nor

Nice shots, I do like the maroon. The only Warship I saw was in maroon going over the bridge at Reading *sigh*

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer

28ten said:
Nice shots, I do like the maroon. The only Warship I saw was in maroon going over the bridge at Reading *sigh*
Nice pics Rob :thumbs: .............I was a little too young for the Warships too, my only sighting was on our way to Newqauy, we were in front of the level crossing gates when BFYP 807 Carradoc came storming past with a rake of MK1's :drool: :cool: :cool: :cool: .........I remember Greyhound & D7029 at Reading gasworks & Onslaught at Derby Research (along with the Baby Deltic). My older brother went to Laira on that Nequay holiday & saw a few more , but I was more interested in my bucket & spade at the time :oops: :laugh: .

Phill :wave:

Purple-haze

Western Thunderer

Superb pics--- :bowdown: but still the wrong colour! I still remember Sir Brian Robertson no yellow anything :laugh: pulling into Temple Meads for my first glimpse of a Warship.Having said that it was even more of a shock to see D1000 in desert sand :? :? :?

28ten

Guv'nor

Purple-haze said:
Superb pics--- :bowdown: but still the wrong colour! I still remember Sir Brian Robertson no yellow anything :laugh: pulling into Temple Meads for my first glimpse of a Warship.Having said that it was even more of a shock to see D1000 in desert sand :? :? :?
Was that with Choc/cream mk1 stock as well?

Purple-haze

Western Thunderer

Choc/cream,maroon and even one blood/custard IIRC. In those day's it really was anything goes!! :D What i can't remember is anything more mundane like parcels stock :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

28ten

Guv'nor

We never do remember the mundane :scratch: I bet the Warships were a bit of a shock at the time?

Purple-haze

Western Thunderer

Very much so! But i have to admit not as much as [picture the scene] a very warm day on Fishponds station,nothing had happened for what seemed like hours so up i get to stretch my legs,walk to the platform edge, look up the line under Forest Road bridge and sitting quietly waiting for the signal to clear, was a big [I mean BIG] green box!! When it started to move and slowly entered the station I saw the number----D4--and the name Great Gable :shock: I didn't know about peak's and my mates certainly didn't belive me until we were told it was standing in Barrow Road :) :)