York Model Railway Show 4/5/6th April 2015

Old Buffer

Western Thunderer
Looks like I will have to have a couple of days there judging by the amount of talent that is of interest to me.
Alan

MartinWales

Western Thunderer
Am there with my GNSR Layout set in 1968-Kinmundy, but I'm sure you'll find far more interesting things to look at......

queensquare

Western Thunderer
We are up at York with John Greenwood and Wadebridge flying the 2mm flag - see MRJ 235.

Particularly looking forward to seeing the 1970s EM stuff, I'm a huge fan and it's particularly nostalgic for a chap of my age.

Jerry

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
I'll be there Saturday with the S7 Stand, come and say hello if you get chance,

ATB Mick

Rippers

Western Thunderer
Am there with my GNSR Layout set in 1968-Kinmundy, but I'm sure you'll find far more interesting things to look at......

Well his layout will be at the show....................if Martin parfoms as usual then the chances of seeing him and the layout at the same time are pretty slim.................. however you will probably find me behind it Saturday!:cool:

adrian

Flying Squad
Spent a few enjoyable hours at York this morning - it was rather busy which made photo's difficult to get. However a small selection to tempt people down for Sunday and Monday.

P4040019.png

P4040023.png P4040026.png

Unfortunately Canada Street was stuck in a bit of a bottleneck which meant it took a bit of time to get round to the wharf area - but oh boy was it worth it.

P4040078.png P4040079.png P4040092.png P4040096.png P4040103.png

There were some great layouts but for me Canada Street and Wadebridge made the trip worthwhile, that and meeting up with a few familiar names.

P4040114.png

AJC

Western Thunderer
Just superb, sadly I'm stuck down south... Thank you for the pictures Adrian.

Adam

queensquare

Western Thunderer
Was really good to meet and have a chat with Adrian at York today. Was very busy so didn't manage to get away fromWadebridge but I did make a beeline for Canada Street before opening and have to agree, breathtaking - some of the most convincing structure modelling I've seen. Just superb.

Jerry

Rippers

Western Thunderer
Excelent day behind Kinmunday today. Layout well recieved the punters in general which was also nice.

Canada Dock was simply stunning and so reminicent of area of Hull docks in my youth.

Mind I have to say I enjoyed the whole show today. After years of visiting York and spending most of the time looking at trade I found this year the standard of the layouts was especially high.

Thanks also to a contact made last weekend I was able to secure half a dozen 7mm scale tank engines at a knock down price (honest dear!:D). Which was a complete supprise as I had been led to believe there were only 5 locos in the box!. Now all I have to do is design a layout to fit them all!

Though that said I am uncertain how a buckjumper will fit into anything I design...........:confused:

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
Excelent day behind Kinmunday today. Layout well recieved the punters in general which was also nice.

Canada Dock was simply stunning and so reminicent of area of Hull docks in my youth.

Mind I have to say I enjoyed the whole show today. After years of visiting York and spending most of the time looking at trade I found this year the standard of the layouts was especially high.

Thanks also to a contact made last weekend I was able to secure half a dozen 7mm scale tank engines at a knock down price (honest dear!:D). Which was a complete supprise as I had been led to believe there were only 5 locos in the box!. Now all I have to do is design a layout to fit them all!

Though that said I am uncertain how a buckjumper will fit into anything I design...........:confused:

Couldn't agree more about the standard of Layouts this year. A cracking show all in all, fed up I can only really make one day this year. It was great to catch up with some friendly faces and yesterday flew by, if anyone is going today or tomorrow I guarantee you'll enjoy the day,

Mick:thumbs:

Ian@StEnochs

Western Thunderer
I agree there were some very nice layouts on show and seeing 3 minute Beattie well tanks perform faultlessly on Bodmin made me marvel at the skills of the 2mm modellers.
However apart from the layouts the formal demo stands havent changed for years. I took a quick look round and it was the same top of the stairs, same old faces with mostly same projects in front of them and all with something to sell! Is this the way to encourage modellers? Time for a freshen upI think.
Ian.

MartinWales

Western Thunderer
The bottleneck in the vicinity of Canada Road could'nt be helped as we had a late cancellation and another, slightly larger layout took it's place

Culreoch

Canada Street alone looks like it would have been worth a run down from SW Scotland - health didn't really permit this year but hopefully I'll see it somewhere else within striking range of the Border. Revamped Kinmundy too, as it's changed quite a bit since I saw it at an ExpoNorth.

adrian

Flying Squad
The bottleneck in the vicinity of Canada Road could'nt be helped as we had a late cancellation and another, slightly larger layout took it's place
It's a shame as several people squeezed past without giving it a second glance - but I can understand how these things happen in organising shows. It fitted in ok so no real problem - I had more trouble with some guy insisting on taking multiple close up photo's of the layout. Holding his camera within 5cms of the buildings, the auto-focus constantly bleeping and hunting back and forwards so it took ages for him to take a photo. So I had to wait 5 minutes for him to move on before I could get a photo without his hands or camera in my shot.