Brushs Laser Cutting and 3d Printing workbench

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
Been bit of a while since I've posted so a little update.

BW268.jpg

I've had a Bachmann 08 laying around for a while and I recently purchased the MMP 08 detailing kit with the intention of doing the best I could with it and converting to S7 while I had it in bits. Amongst my Telford purchases I also got a SWD 08 sound chip to go in this as well.

Bachmann wheels profiled to S7 by Eastside Pilot.
IMG_1014.JPG

A little problem that the increased width meant that the wheels had very little side play. This required the side frames to be removed and move out. These will be spaced at 40mm which is a little over width, but will I hope not be noticeable. Importantly it will allow for a little side play.
IMG_1015.JPG

So out with the club RSU and several choice words and the further help of Col, we got the sides off.
IMG_1013.jpg

More soon.

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
Work has been getting in the way of modelling :(

But also on my workbench at the moment is this

image.jpg
Dodgy iPad pic. I'll take a better pic.

Any ideas what it is going to be? :)

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Any ideas what it is going to be? :)

Australian? :D Sorry.

And don't you mean; "Can you tell what it is yet?" :))

BTW - Phil having just picked up the fact that you're fiddling a Bachmann 08, I'm going to ask why? Why not go for something like the MMP kit, that does at least have the correct shape to the bonnet...

Steph

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
BTW - Phil having just picked up the fact that you're fiddling a Bachmann 08, I'm going to ask why? Why not go for something like the MMP kit, that does at least have the correct shape to the bonnet...

Yeah, well I had the Bachmann and I thought it would be pretty quick fix to get it running on S7 track and thought with Davids detailing kit and a sound chip that I'd have quiet a decent loco to have running on the West Mersea. However, one thing leads to another and it is becoming a much bigger job. :headbang: :(

I've got a couple of MMP kits in the draw to build one day along with a lot of other projects in various starts of completeness.... :oops:

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
Prob's with the Bachmann Phil ?

Col.
Not sorted the pickups yet. Was having a problem with them staying in contact when the wheels moved side to side. It kept me perplexed for a while until I realised I'd not tightened up the screw that 'restricts' the side play duh. Looks ok, but will need to try it on the rolling road.

Hopefully I'll grab an hour or two Sunday evening.