Heather's stuff

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
A nice result and one which shows the gains to be made by using the etches from Tom, particularly the "bald" nature of the bogie solebar without stepboards.

regards, Graham

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
How many you might build is one consideration. Members of the S7 Group who are members of WT seem to be developing a self-help ethos with the added ingredient of "who else needs some?". I acknowledge that the loss of the Guv'nor has lead to a (temporary) drop-off in such thinking... however, the recent meeting at Sotwell reassures me that there are S7 modellers who are prepared to to offer such benefits to others. As an example:- Richard Carr was aware of our interest in JLTRT tank wagons and passed some etched axleguards our way when we met at the show.

regards, Graham

I'm sure that MK2 or for that matter MK1 window frames would be of interest to lot 7mm Thunderers (not just S7 members)

We 7mm modelers seem to be the poor relation to 4mm in terms of after market diesel era detail parts :(

Phill

Alan

Western Thunderer
Heather you might find things that you got wrong but to my old eyes they are smashing,:thumbs::bowdown:

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
very envious of your talents Heather, the photos could go straight into Swindon's 'Official Photograph' record book.

cheers

Mike

Heather Kay

Western Thunderer
Excellent work Heather, are they going to be weathered:D

I sincerely hope so. My client didn't want them finished as weathered - aside from the underframes and bogies being a little grimy. I wonder if he'll get someone else to weather them nicely, or he might even do them himself. He's no mean modeller from what I can gather.

Mike, thank you. Don't be envious. I aim high, and find I get closer to the target with each project. :thumbs:

Heather Kay

Western Thunderer
In case you are visiting from Neptune, and haven't been following the build thread of these coaches, these are a commission build - actually a "finish it for me" build - of JLTRT Mk1 coaches. The TSO and BSK are finished to represent the way they may have looked around the middle 1950s, on the Western Region. Both are finished to 7mm Finescale standards. The only changes are replacement dynamos, added brake shoes for the bogies, and some extra interior detail for the coach inside ends and the guard's compartment.

_MG_0030 (10 of 10).jpg

_MG_0032 (9 of 10).jpg

_MG_0034 (8 of 10).jpg

_MG_0036 (7 of 10).jpg

_MG_0038 (6 of 10).jpg

_MG_0041 (5 of 10).jpg

_MG_0043 (4 of 10).jpg

_MG_0044 (3 of 10).jpg

_MG_0046 (2 of 10).jpg

_MG_0049 (1 of 10).jpg