7mm Modern Outline Kits - Standard 4 Tank (FS)

Ian@StEnochs

Western Thunderer
I have a couple of the S7 kits on the shelf and am tempted to build them in tandem with yours Heather. There are a few other projects part through which would be best finished first. When do you plan to begin?

Ian

adrian

Flying Squad
I think the MOK instruction quality is something that all kit providers should take notice of.
Agreed they are excellent - however don't get lulled into a false sense of security. You still need to pay attention to the build, for example I see to remember that after building the framework for the tanks it then moved onto fitting the external tank skins. In the photos the doors around the cab had suddenly appeared. There are a few etchings which hold the door hinges and fit out the cab which I think need to be fitted before the tank side etchings. I don't think this is mentioned in the instructions so just make sure that everything is fitted before skinning the tanks!

SteadyRed

Western Thunderer
On the phone Dave Sharp the other day did say he feels the instructions need updating as their are now so many additional sheets to the instructions.

Just had a quick look through these sheets are their are 17 sides of A4, admittedly some of these are additional photos of the prototype to explain parts of the build.

Whilst MOK are a good example of instructions, I also think exploded diagrams with explanatory text such as MMP also work.

Adrian I will make a note that everything which needs fitting before the tank skins, is done in that order.