Room For A Railway

rosspeacock

Modelling on a £1200 table.
Just a little update (no pictures as yet but ill get around to it)
Both sides of the floor framework are now complete and ready for the flooring. . Going to add 2 extra double socket outlets 1st then I'll start with the floor. . Once that's done I'll have a safe platform to work from to insulate the rafters, plan to use bubble foil don't know if I mentioned that earlier in this thread? Think its going to be much easier/quicker than kingspan.. it simply staples on and you tape the joins with foil tape, over this I'll fix tanalised roof latting and to that the plasterboard. .

Happy days. .

Ross..

Osgood

Western Thunderer
Ross - I've had no experience of bubble-foil, it looks a neat product but if you are looking at high performance alternatives I reckon you'd be hard pressed to beat this stuff (if you are on a tight budget look away now….):

http://www.proctorgroup.com/products/thermal-insulation/triso-super-10

The downside is the cost - but as with a lot of things you get what you pay for. I first used it to insulate behind dry lining and ceiling in a brick outbuilding conversion to save space compared to 50mm Cellotex. My builder was so impressed he lined out his entire barn conversion house with it - if he is up in his roof space study at night even in winter he has to open a window due to build up of heat from the light bulbs :D

Tony

john lewsey

Western Thunderer
Ross - I've had no experience of bubble-foil, it looks a neat product but if you are looking at high performance alternatives I reckon you'd be hard pressed to beat this stuff (if you are on a tight budget look away now….):

http://www.proctorgroup.com/products/thermal-insulation/triso-super-10

The downside is the cost - but as with a lot of things you get what you pay for. I first used it to insulate behind dry lining and ceiling in a brick outbuilding conversion to save space compared to 50mm Cellotex. My builder was so impressed he lined out his entire barn conversion house with it - if he is up in his roof space study at night even in winter he has to open a window due to build up of heat from the light bulbs :D

Tony
Hi I've used triso before and it is really good

rosspeacock

Hi there still not taken any pictures will do tomorrow. . Think the Triso stuff would be great but going to be out of my price range, reckon it would cost about £500-£600 to do it with it.. probably about £180 in what I've planned to use...

Ross....

rosspeacock

2000 Steve that's a milestone (you need to get out more lol) No plans yet but the tracks will run round the side of the loft where the boiler and hatch are situated on a shelf about 2'-2'6" from the floor.. The scenic side will be the opposite one to that... We're having a futon a digital projector and screen plus surround sound in the non scenic side also my 35mm kodak carousel slide projector will be mounted on a bracket next to the movie projector.. we'll probably incorporate some cd dvd and book storage in that side too..
Got a telephone call from Wickes this morning too they delivered the floor today too (a day early) which was nice. .

Watch this space....

Ross....

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
A tip for when you're running trains up there Ross.... make a cover to go over the loft hatch ;) we don't want any unexpected descents back downstairs - either trains or operators :eek: