7mm 40126's Workbench

Western Thunderer
Hi all. :thumbs:

Thought i'd start this thread under just 'workbench', Ive started that many individual threads under 40126's workbench....... So now all new threads will be under this title :confused:.

CCT Build (in conjunction with Lancer1027, Rob's CCT build)

img_6316.jpg img_6319.jpg img_6320.jpg

1. The box
2. All components (That were in box) laid out. Missing floor & solebars !! :rant:
3. Two plasticard strengtheners for the body, cut out & shaped.

Steve :cool:

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
I have some of their Milk Tanks which are to a similar standard :eek:...........I think my Slaters ones will get built first :rolleyes:

Phill ;)

garethevans1986

Western Thunderer
Ive bought 2 x OTA kits and a VDA kit at Telford - 1 OTA and the VDA kit had the sole bars missing but a friend picked them up on Sunday for me, bought me another OTA and is being sent the VDA solebars by post.

I've half built the first OTA (solebars, floor and axles + wheels) and it's gone together ok and flatish....need to correct a bit of wobble and add some weight and it'll turn out ok. I will have to create a slight modification to the coupling because the ends are only glued on to the end and solebars.

GE

garethevans1986

Western Thunderer
I'm putting a document together showing how to build the VGA - with photos :)

I'm going to put compensation into the OTAs because their mostly resin....need to find somewhere that does them cheap.

GE

mickoo

Western Thunderer
I'd be interested to hear what adhesive you used to fix the white metal parts and brass etches to the Plasticard, I'd probably have soldered the sides to the ends first and then affix the floor, maybe added some inverted brass angle along the lower edge so that the body dropped onto the floor sort of thing to get the right height?.

Kindest

Railwaymaniac

Western Thunderer
I'd be interested to hear what adhesive you used to fix the white metal parts and brass etches to the Plasticard, I'd probably have soldered the sides to the ends first and then affix the floor, maybe added some inverted brass angle along the lower edge so that the body dropped onto the floor sort of thing to get the right height?.

Kindest

+1 :thumbs:

But I think there's a 5-minute clue in picture 4 ? . . . . . ;)

Ian

JimG

Western Thunderer
Wilkinsons by the looks of them. Nice work mate :thumbs:

I got mine in B&Q a year or two ago - two came in a set with two larger ones and the other two as a set of two. I haven't been in B&Q recently to see if they are still available since B&Q seem to change suppliers and products quite often.

Jim.