4mm Llanfair ....

LarryG

Western Thunderer
There was a bit of a step-back this morning when I decided to completely rebuild the waiting room. Looking a bit messy after removal...

WEB 7mm House 7A.jpg

New sides were made and after the bother of a hip roof, I decided to alter the ends to take a gable roof...
WEB 7mm House 7B.jpg

Back together and the gents toilet added. The ladies toilet is behind the partition in the waiting room so that all the plumbing is together...
WEB 7mm House 7C.jpg

The waiting room door under the canopy can be seen. I left space for the decorative corner stones ....
WEB 7mm House 7D.jpg

Parts of the floor were cut and glued in to make the whole building more rigid while leaving room for my hands to fit glazing...
WEB 7mm House 7E.jpg

Last edited:

LarryG

Western Thunderer
This is as far as I've got and going today. Giving the old eyes a break now. Remainder of canopy now in place...

WEB 7mm House 9A.jpg

Unlike on the 4mm version I built the back wall as well. If built as designed, the middle wall would be inside a vestibule and so there is no decorative detail. Some spare window detail was used to made an entrance surround, not that it will be seen....
WEB 7mm House 9B.jpg

No door on this side of the canopy because it is the station masters house, but I thought it would look neat if a fake surround was there...
WEB 7mm House 9D.jpg

Last edited:

LarryG

Western Thunderer
Thanks for posting the picture Paul, which is of particular interest to me at the present time. I noticed the decorative bricks beneath the roof are 4 bricks high. On the model they are only 2 bricks. Roof overhang plus guttering would have cut across the windows and so I cut the hip roof back. The roof will look more like when I add gutters. Either that or a massive rebuilding.....

WEB Gutter .jpg

Last edited:

LarryG

Western Thunderer
You can probably guess what's happening now.....

WEB 7mm House 10A.jpg

Remove hip roof.....
WEB 7mm House 10B.jpg

Add two brick courses to the walls....
WEB 7mm House 10C.jpg

Glue back the bits I cut off the roof. It still needs gutters.....
WEB 7mm House 10D.jpg

Overhanging roof and all the remaining brick trim added back and front....
WEB 7mm House 10E.jpg

LarryG

Western Thunderer
The local Rhuddlan Model Shop is so chock full of stock that the owner had to point out a wall full of Evergreen extrusions that I must have walked past scores of times. Just the job for some guttering. I glued a length of 3.25mm wide channel to a piece of 60 thou Plastkard ...

WEB 7mm House 12A.jpg

When set, I rounded off the leading edge to make it look like half-round guttering, added a pelmet and glued the rectangle in place to form a false ceiling under the canopy with gutter on the end... Decorative angle brackets will finish this part off after being painted....
WEB 7mm House 12B.jpg

When the top is painted Dirty Black it will look like a gutter...
WEB 7mm House 12C.jpg

Last edited:

Paul Tomlinson

Western Thunderer

LarryG

Western Thunderer
Been suffering with my eyes......Too much computer screen. Anyway, I've done the ridge tiles. Took all day. I placed a piece of card behind the 'legs' while Evostik Impact was applied, then the legs were folded over and pressed firmly in place....

WEB 7mm House 14A.jpg

One corner done....
WEB 7mm House 14B.jpg

Two corners completed plus the cap in the top.....
WEB 7mm House 14C.jpg

Card representing lead flashing for drainage and weather protection against the wall.....
WEB 7mm House 14D.jpg