4mm & 7mm Llanfair ....

Hayfield1

Western Thunderer
I can understand the frustration Larry is having with 4mm scale, having built up a small collection of 7mm locos and stock.

For me there is something about the mass of 7mm locos (especially with my whitemetal locos) that the 4mm models cannot replicate

I think 7mm modelers are better off with track than their 4mm counterparts. RTR is not perfect, but so much better looking. But it depends what part of the hobby interests you.

Good morning Larry,

Having acquired the Rapido 16xx from you, subject to posting, I was wondering if you would be also interested in selling some of the layout structures please?

In particular, the signal box, water tank and goods shed?

No problem if not.

Cheers, Nigel.

daifly

Western Thunderer
Good morning Larry,

Having acquired the Rapido 16xx from you, subject to posting, I was wondering if you would be also interested in selling some of the layout structures please?

In particular, the signal box, water tank and goods shed?

No problem if not.

Cheers, Nigel.
Nigel

This really is not a conversation for the forum. Please use a PM.

Thanks

Dave

LarryG

Western Thunderer
Baseboard widened after laying 0 gauge track on top of the 4mm layout to see how much space was needed for everything. The current job is adequate and far less expensive than constructing a whole new baseboard.....
WEB 7mm new 1.jpg

Baseboard awaiting new 1/8" cork following removal of old cork...
WEB 7mm new 2.jpg

Un-planed 3" x 3" posts and 7" x 1" planks ready for constructing the outdoor section.....
WEB 7mm new 2B.jpgWEB 7mm new 2C.jpg

Last edited: