BR Mk1 Limabuild coaches

Discussion in 'WR Action' started by rosspeacock, 14 February 2010.

Tags:
  1. Phill Dyson

Phill Dyson Western Thunderer

All sounds perfectly reasonable to me:confused::D ...............I would reach a compromise & do it when she's at work:))

2. lancer1027

lancer1027 Western Thunderer

Just use a very large cutting mat:D.

iploffy and CME & Bottlewasher like this.
  3. 40126

40126 Western Thunderer

I'd have to take a mortgage out for that !! :eek:

Didnt you look on ebay first ??. :rolleyes:

Steve :cool:

iploffy and CME & Bottlewasher like this.
  4. iploffy

iploffy OC Blue Brigade

Or make one out of plasticard, but don't forget to make it wide enough to take the casters:))

40126 likes this.
  5. iploffy

iploffy OC Blue Brigade

See above

6. iploffy

iploffy OC Blue Brigade

He's had to make cut backs in other places HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT HE IS DRIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!:))ROLF

CME & Bottlewasher and 40126 like this.
  7. 40126

40126 Western Thunderer

Thats a heljan diesel & some nice coaches to boot :D

£1200 on a table, Surely that means Ross should be able to match that on railway items ??. :drool: Thats how it works in my house. Everytime i spend on a kit or ebay, my wife suddenly needs shoes or handbag to the same total !! :rant:

CME & Bottlewasher likes this.
  8. iploffy

iploffy OC Blue Brigade

She buys you shoes and handbags, now that needs a picture

9. 40126

40126 Western Thunderer

10. iploffy

iploffy OC Blue Brigade

I don't believe you:p

11. 40126

40126 Western Thunderer

Its VERY true, No heels & Handbags for me :eek:

12. rosspeacock

rosspeacock Modelling on a £1200 table.

Hi everyone, SWMBO has gone away this weekend, so you know what they say "while the cat's away, the mice will play" So tonight I dug out my razor saw and started cutting! I made a start on two of the eight Lima Mk1's I had kindly given (6x CK's and 2x BSK's) I wanted to be a little more adventurous this time as I'd half conquered the RMB that was made from a CK. From the two BSK's I wanted to do a cut and shut job and come up with a BG and a SK.. I've used the same method as before to undertake the widening as I don't like the long cut down the middle to widen them, I much prefer to cut the sides off and build them out that way... I firstly made the BG side which only had one join in the centre, one of the doors requires the detail sanding off and the window blanking off and suitably filling as reqiured. The SK which could also be a SO as they externally identical reqiured a bit more cutting and shutting.. I rested all the pieces against a metal ruler in order to keep the sides straight (a bit like you need to do with Ian Kirk coaches)
    Ross:D

Attached Files:

13. Phill Dyson

Phill Dyson Western Thunderer

Nice work :thumbs:...........I hope you can get some of these MK1's painted & ready for test runs on a certain North Devon brancline not too far from you this summer;);):)

40126 likes this.
  14. lancer1027

lancer1027 Western Thunderer

Great work Ross:thumbs:. Good to see you doing some modelling again;).

I look forward to the next installment.:thumbs:

PS I hope these are going into blue n grey:))

Rob:)

rosspeacock likes this.
  15. rosspeacock

Erm??? NO! don't start that one up again ha ha :rolleyes:
    Ross:thumbs:

16. iploffy

iploffy OC Blue Brigade

I was going to hit the' LIKE' button! But...................... JORDAN can we have a DON'T LIKE button please

AND I WROTE YOU A SONG AS WELL:))

rosspeacock likes this.
  17. iploffy

iploffy OC Blue Brigade

He doesn't live in north Devon

rosspeacock likes this.
  18. rosspeacock

Done a bit more on fettling the sides up this morning, the BG needed a door filling over and where I'd blanked the window in the centre off.. The SK however was joined only on the doors so a scrape out to re-define the door edges and a sand down was all that was needed...

Attached Files:

40126 and iploffy like this.
  19. iploffy

iploffy OC Blue Brigade

This is one thread I really enjoy, Ross you have become a posting demon from the odd one to over 10 in one sitting WOW, I am so impressed maybe you ought to send the wife and kids away more often:))

40126 and rosspeacock like this.
  20. iploffy

iploffy OC Blue Brigade

It's such a pity you can't be persuaded to paint some of 'em in the only true colours

Oi!!!!!!!!!!! what you doing on here wasting precious modelling time, get back to the £1200 table and put some dents in it:))

40126 likes this.