7mm Connoisseur Models Southern Railway G6

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Ian,
Looks about right to me. The handwheel effectively fits on the end of the boiler handrail - on the prototype the handrail is a tube from the smokebox to the cab, inside which is a rod with the handwheel in the cab and the blower valve on the smokebox.
Steph

Ian G

Western Thunderer
a little bit further to completion, next on the agender is the rest of cab fittings, looking through photos supplied I may be able to replicate the little fitting for the blower valve on the hand rails, this will ease making the front part of the hand rail around the smoke box.

Ian G

G6 53.jpg

Ian G

Western Thunderer
Now on into the cab, gauges fitted one bit of copper wire dropped off must be a dry joint, next item on the build hand rail nobs and hand wheels, I have also cut and folded the cab-bunker ramp for between the sand boxes, this will be one of the last items to go in as need to fit the brake standard before hand. Back head loosly in place.

Ian G

G6 54.jpg

Ian G

Western Thunderer
Build has stopped for a short while, my 1Kw greenhouse heater has given up its ghost after 25 years.

Ian G

Ian G

Western Thunderer
New heater I have, and my little order from Hobby Holidays has arrived with my order of micro tube, but will have to wait till Monday to start again.

Ian G

SteadyRed

Western Thunderer
Fascinating to follow this build. Although I have not put solder to metal yet! I have my eye on building a Connoisseur Jinty at some point, it is good to see a kit from the same range being built as a first time steam loco builder.

I see you have a Hobby Holidays chassis jig. Another potential longer term purchase for me.

Dave

Ian G

Western Thunderer
Spent many hours working out how to fabricate the rear shunters step more to follow next week.

Ian G