Difficulty in accessing WT

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Hi all. Over the last couple of days I've run into problems with WT. Currently while writing this I keep getting interrupted with "Whoops. We've run in to some problems" This morning I got "An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later." I get the same message on my phone. I've also recently had "Resource Limit is reached." when trying to open something on WT using the lap top and I've looked that up on Google which tells me it's something to do with Android. But that's a mobile phone thing, isn't it? In short are these WT problems or is there something I should be doing?

This could well be PICNIC. I'm far from being technically competent on these things.

Brian

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Hi all. Over the last couple of days I've run into problems with WT. Currently while writing this I keep getting interrupted with "Whoops. We've run in to some problems" This morning I got "An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later." I get the same message on my phone. I've also recently had "Resource Limit is reached." when trying to open something on WT using the lap top and I've looked that up on Google which tells me it's something to do with Android. But that's a mobile phone thing, isn't it? In short are these WT problems or is there something I should be doing?

This could well be PICNIC. I'm far from being technically competent on these things.

Brian

timbowales

Western Thunderer

Brian
You are not alone in having trouble today, WT is currently refusing to let me reply to threads (except this one of course!)
Tim T

magmouse

Western Thunderer
Same here - similar messages to Brian’s, plus some others, experienced on multiple devices (Apple Mac desktop and laptop, and iPad).

Nick.

LarryG

Western Thunderer
I accidently deleted the short-cut to WT and so blamed myself when I couldn't get onto the forum. Eventually I realised the forum was down, but it's sods law innit.

How do I create a shortcut on the google page anyone....?

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Thank you all. I suspected that I'd done something "inadvisable". :))

Larry - there's no point asking me, but I suspect you weren't.

Brian

Richard Gawler

Western Thunderer
When the site was unavailable this morning, I received this message:

Insufficient Storage
The method could not be performed on the resource because the server is unable to store the representation needed to successfully complete the request. There is insufficient free space left in your storage allocation.
Additionally, a 507 Insufficient Storage error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

and I imagined, it was caused by me posting too much or possibly having too many PMs underway or saved for reference.

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Richard - I reacted exactly as you did. I shut everything down except for WT which made no difference. Then I looked it up on Google which told me it was something to do with Android and also something about clearing the cache - I'm temped to say "whatever that may be" but that bit I actually understand. I've not cleared the cache and currently WT service is slow and what could be described as "intermittent".

Brian

Roger Pound

Western Thunderer
I had a variety of the problems outlined above about 11am this morning. I did my usual thing in these cases and switched off and went an did something else for a couple of hours. When I came back after lunch I got on to WT straight the way - haven't tried other threads and forums yet though......... :confused: !
Then again - I'm as thick as pudding with IT, and all its associated abbreviations...........:eek: !

Roger

richard carr

Western Thunderer
It's not just me then, I've been having the same problems.

I think the server has run out of storage space.

Richard

ICH60

Western Thunderer
Yes still having problems as of 16:15 takes a few attempts to get on sometimes get the message
" An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later."

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Been regularly seeing the error messages for a few days now. Mostly accessing WT via an Android mobile.

Neil

Western Thunderer
I too got the resource limit reached message earlier today. Obviously all is well now as I'm able to post this.

djparkins

Western Thunderer

Brian
I got exactly the same using both PC and iPhone