DJH 9F 2-10-0

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Thanks Steph.

From what I read it's designed to release from surfaces as it'd a lo-tack adhesive. However, I understand your caution. I look forward to receiving the wax if it can be posted and I'll give it a go on a scrap painted casting for starters..

I'm considering getting some of the foil anyway as I've never used it before (as you correctly surmised) and it could be a useful item to add to the decorating arsenal. I can also test that out on a painted surface.

B

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Thanks Warren.

I've located this, and they do a copper, which is a good start. I reckon it'll be worth trying each of the alternatives suggested, all of which are new to me, as I can see any number of applications where they may be helpful.

On the whole I'm rather pleased that I failed to paint the chimney properly as I suspect it would look like paint whereas these alternatives should appear to be a true metallic finish. Liquid Leaf Guilding Paint is a good bet because it is applied by brush so a hard edge should be achievable.

Brian

Ian_C

Western Thunderer
Lovely. But it's soooo clean. I have an old MMP 9F kit stashed away, must open the box and smell the parts! One day...

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
I appreciate your comment, Ian!

In fact showroom quality is preferred at club, which I can't say I fully understand on a working layout. However, the layout is in a permanent location so is not intended for exhibition, so I guess it's ultimately up to the majority of club members. It's also been mentioned before that my own models are not weathered, but as I have no layout and run them infrequently I, personally, prefer not to weather them.

Enjoy the MMP 9F!

Brian