Highflyer's new bogies

28ten

Guv'nor
lancer1027 said:
Never mind that bogie and the motor. LOOK WHAT I'VE SPOTTED IN THE BACKGROUND :drool: :drool: :lol: :lol:
:laugh: I did wonder if it was a 'look at my locos shot' :laugh: the motor bogie kinda got in the way :lol:

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
28ten said:
[quote=""lancer1027"":17nhc5s2]Never mind that bogie and the motor. LOOK WHAT I'VE SPOTTED IN THE BACKGROUND :drool: :drool: :lol: :lol:
:laugh: I did wonder if it was a 'look at my locos shot' :laugh: the motor bogie kinda got in the way :lol:[/quote:17nhc5s2]
No that's where they live in the winter & so do I for that matter...... if you believe SWMBO :rolleyes: :laugh:

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Phill Dyson said:
[quote=""lancer1027"":7wuxeo1q]Never mind that bogie and the motor. LOOK WHAT I'VE SPOTTED IN THE BACKGROUND :drool: :drool: :lol: :lol:
:eek: What the cotton buds :laugh:[/quote:7wuxeo1q]
Nice cotton buds :thumbs: What livery are they going to be, i hope BR blue :lol: :lol:

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
lancer1027 said:
[quote=""Phill Dyson"":1qmq8rt6][quote=""lancer1027"":1qmq8rt6]Never mind that bogie and the motor. LOOK WHAT I'VE SPOTTED IN THE BACKGROUND :drool: :drool: :lol: :lol:
:eek: What the cotton buds :laugh:[/quote:1qmq8rt6]
Nice cotton buds :thumbs: What livery are they going to be, i hope BR blue :lol: :lol:[/quote:1qmq8rt6]
Nah, he's waiting for someone to do a finescale version... :p

rosspeacock

Modelling on a £1200 table.
Well done Phill, glad you getting to the bottom of it now... I do like how your locos have the appearance of being "staged" in the background :scratch: Are you sure that you dont have Old Oak Common turntable underneath you cutting mat ha ha :thumbs:

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
:scratch: Funny you should mention that whole MPD thing, I have been toying with the idea of some sort of indoor layout in my loft/workshop for quite a while now & I do keep coming back to the MPD idea (but not as big as Old Oak Common :shock: ) or some sort of shunting plank, I do like the MPD idea best from a visual point of view but it might be a bit limiting to operate :? ..........any thoughts anyone?
Phill :wave:

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
28ten said:
[quote=""lancer1027"":327gur95]Mmmmm Old Oak Common, turntable, WESTERNS :drool: i've got to go and lie down now :thumbs:
That would make a nice diorama........[/quote:327gur95]
Having said that Old Oak is too big..........the turntable area has got to be one of THE classic locations for Hydraulics :cool: :cool: :cool:

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
Phill Dyson said:
I do like the MPD idea best from a visual point of view but it might be a bit limiting to operate :? ..........any thoughts anyone?

It might be operationally limited, but with DCC sound (and perhaps smoke), it would be great fun to mess around with. :thumbs:

Regards

Dan

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Phill Dyson said:
... I do like the MPD idea best from a visual point of view but it might be a bit limiting to operate :? ..........any thoughts anyone?
Why not model the approach tracks to an MPD; A couple of short staging areas either side of the scenic bit, with the 'visible' tracks running between two big bridges, with maybe a siding or two behind; maybe even a Parcels depot backscene; I'm thinking of something a bit like at Paddington between the Station and Ranelagh Bridge..? that way the 'off-stage' MPD can be any size your imagination wants (and even have a turntable :lol: ); you can display some stock, and run your locos through the scene, instead of them just sitting around...
Am I making sense..? :oops:

28ten

Guv'nor
Jordan said:
[quote=""Phill Dyson"":3op1dhg7]... I do like the MPD idea best from a visual point of view but it might be a bit limiting to operate :? ..........any thoughts anyone?
Why not model the approach tracks to an MPD; A couple of short staging areas either side of the scenic bit, with the 'visible' tracks running between two big bridges, with maybe a siding or two behind; maybe even a Parcels depot backscene; I'm thinking of something a bit like at Paddington between the Station and Ranelagh Bridge..? that way the 'off-stage' MPD can be any size your imagination wants (and even have a turntable :lol: ); you can display some stock, and run your locos through the scene, instead of them just sitting around...
Am I making sense..? :oops:[/quote:3op1dhg7]
Yes ,I see what you are saying, it could work quite well. I always liked the approach to paddington by the parcels depot.

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Jordan said:
[quote=""Phill Dyson"":wt36hfwe]... I do like the MPD idea best from a visual point of view but it might be a bit limiting to operate :? ..........any thoughts anyone?
Am I making sense..? :oops:[/quote:wt36hfwe]
I don't suppose you could draw a rough track plan of the kind of thing you mean? ...........I'm not as clear as Cynric is :oops:

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Well try this link ...
http://crmforum.proboards.com/index.cgi ... 225&page=6

BUT; use imagination a bit, and mentally swap the US stock for British, and make the surroundings a bit more British too (big red-brick warehouse at the back, traffic driving on the left, etc) and possibly add another running line to the front and that's pretty much what I mean.
Your diesels can 'light engine' to and fro on the running lines pretending to go between a big city terminus and an MPD whilst some stock (Parcel GUVs, vans etc ) gets shunted at the back...

A bit like these photos, only not quite so much track...
http://dieselhydraulics.photos.gb.com/p62339773.html
http://dieselhydraulics.photos.gb.com/p63177491.html
http://dieselhydraulics.photos.gb.com/p63179575.html

Any good..? :? :oops:

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Hi Jordan :wave:
Yes I quite like the idea of through tracks, although it would mean fiddle yards at both ends & short trains using them :scratch: . I will have a measure up when I go get the 'Overhead Warning Flash' for Cynric & see how much space I have got to play with ;) .
Phill :thumbs:

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Phill Dyson said:
I will have a measure up when I go get the 'Overhead Warning Flash' for Cynric & see how much space I have got to play with ;) .
I have just had a measure up & I have just over 16 foot including any fiddle yards :)

28ten

Guv'nor
Phill Dyson said:
[quote=""Phill Dyson"":11f276ev] I will have a measure up when I go get the 'Overhead Warning Flash' for Cynric & see how much space I have got to play with ;) .
I have just had a measure up & I have just over 16 foot including any fiddle yards :)
Phill :thumbs:[/quote:11f276ev]
16ft :shock: you could get the whole of Ashburton in that sort of space :laugh:
i would say its enough space, when are you starting? :laugh: