MMP BR 16 Ton Mineral Wagon

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Looking good Ken.

My son has just bought me a three pack of the LMS wooden minerals for my birthday so I shall be referring back to your threads when I get to them.:thumbs:

farnetti

Western Thunderer
Hi Rob,

They seem a bit daunting to start with but the bolts, nuts and washers go together well once you have a system sorted out with your method and tools. All of the etched holes and half etched lines go together like a dream. Unlike mine MMP have sourced a new supply of brass pins which are closer to the prototype size.

If you are unsure about anything please contact me.

Ken

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Thanks Ken,

I have built one of David's glass wagons and some additional sets of sprung suspension before so I am not a complete novice on them. That said the offer of assistance is much appreciated and will be taken up if when I need it.:thumbs:

OzzyO

Western Thunderer
Hello all,

I've just read through this thread and it's given me some things to think about when I get to building my seven? ZVH spoil wagons and one Diag. 1/108 wagon eight shoe's fitted and rebodied. I may do it as a piped one for a bit of variety.
I have downloaded the photos in this thread, I hope that you (Ken) and Brian Daniels don't mind ( the photos are going to be for my own use).

ATB

OzzyO.

PS. I've also got 4 DJP. BGs to build and a RMB, that should keep me quite for a while. That's after I get my back sorted out.

Last edited:

farnetti

Western Thunderer
Fine with me Ozzy, MMP are the finest rolling stock kits on the market in my view. Currently building a double bolster wagon, and have 2 more mineral wagons and a GUV to go.

Ken

OzzyO

Western Thunderer
Hello all,

I've, being looking at one of the L.M.S. 40ton bogie trolley wagons but I don't know if one would have lasted into our time frame approx. 1980-85.

ATB

OzzyO.

farnetti

Western Thunderer
My period is 1960ish and have built one of those.

As usual with MMP it goes together very well. A few etched rivets are doubled up so check before pressing them out (guess how I know).

Also it is very long, it takes up quite a bit of space. As my work in progress is based on North West London I couldn't find any reason for the optional propeller load. I am still looking for an alternative if anyone has any ideas.

Ken