MOK Rebuilt Merchant Navy Kit Announcement

Lancastrian

Western Thunderer
Posting on behalf of Dave Sharp at MOK.

After many requests from customers, MOK is pleased to announce the re-introduction of the rebuilt Merchant Navy class locomotive. Featuring a single piece cast firebox/boiler assembly and updated etches for both the locomotive and tender, as well as cast brass and nickel-silver parts, this will make a highly detailed and accurate model of this imposing prototype. Price will be £850, plus carriage at cost, including choice of 5000 or 6000 gallon tender. The price reflects the very high cost of one of the major components in the kit.

Because of the short term production capability of one of the suppliers, it means we have to act immediately to secure this final production run, and as such, numbers will be limited, after which, no more will be available. Because of these peculiar circumstances a deposit of £100 will secure an order for one of these kits which will be refundable should interest in the project fail to meet the minimum commercial quantity of 50. We will be working hard to have the kits available in time for Guildex in September at Stafford.

I know many of you have already been in contact previously. but the changing environment in which we find ourselves since the project was first announced means that you may have been obliged to reconsider, which we fully understand. We will very much appreciate your immediate response to the announcement in order to stand a chance of meeting the Stafford deadline

For further details, contact Dave Sharp at sales@modernoutline.co.uk or 01522 531861 or 07785706065.

Lancastrian

Western Thunderer
After a chat on the phone with Dave yesterday, he informed me that over 25% of the kits have already been reserved by customers.

Dave Holt

Western Thunderer
I've ordered one, too - or at least I've sent an e-mail to the MOK sales link.
As I model to P4 standards in 4 mm scale, S7 is very attractive for a one off 7 mm model. I'm open to persuasion either way.
Dave.