News from JLTRT

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
What exactly was the purpose of these waste oil wagons. Did they move the waste oil in them or was the oil just collected in them then decanted into another vehicle to be disposed of.

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
They were originally converted to provide diesel fuel at steam sheds or stabling points like Ranelagh Bridge. Later on they became waste oil tanks. I'm not sure if they were than transported or decanted in to another wagon or not but none the less they make an interesting wagon, whether as part of a train dumped at the back of a DMU stabling point or on a steam shed.

Jon Fitness

Western Thunderer
I've seen that theory mentioned in other threads recently too. It has cropped up a few times in the 'The Future for 7mm' thread on the other site.

Would that it were true - I think though that it is probably more likely that people will have a go at kit building if there is no RTR alternative and I know there are at east three other kit producers that agree with me on this. Hell, JLTRT might even agree with me - as why else would they try their hand at RTR.

I've just had a cunning plan! MMP Dogfish wagons @ £600 each RTR [£25+ per hour labour costs, as per what I pay when my car is serviced or call the plumber] - and folks, get 'em in before I retire next week! Bah Humbug!
...and true to usual form, it looks like Heljan will be following suit....at probably near your price too:))
JF

alcazar

No...........really?

The big 7mm manufacturers seen hell-bent on wasting time and resources, Duplication, thy name is legion........

Do they neither read sites like this, nor check what the others are doing?

Like we now have about THREE 9F's coming up....but no V2's or A2/3's.

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
Back in the opening message I told you all that the new RTR is a collaboration between Pete and Michelle Davidson.
Here's some examples of Michelle's previous RTR wagons.
image.jpg
Vinegar tanker.
image.jpg
Early bogie tanker,
image.jpg
Road rail milk tanker. This one might make a return if there's enough demand.
The first 40 dog fish/ cat fish have already been pre ordered.

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Ah okay... Couldn't see any info on FB though..

Is it a kit that will be available soon?

JB.

Ian G

Western Thunderer
£75 pound for one, would get 2 MMP doggies for that price, only need 4 more to use up the transfers I have.

Ian G