4mm Parkend Marsh Sidings in P4

Captain Kernow

Western Thunderer
Lovely modelling! Can I ask how you went about converting the Bachmann class 42 Warship to P4?
Hi Simon,

It was quite a long time ago now, but I did use Alan Gibson wheels (he does Warship ones). What I can't remember is whether this was one of the locos where I used the Bachmann gears, re-mounted onto the Gibson axles or whether it was a bespoke conversion set.

Simon Glidewell

Western Thunderer
Many thanks for the information Captain Kernow! When I asked the question, I'd completely overlooked possible correct pattern replacement wheel sets from Alan Gibson or Ultrascale; I immediately checked the Ultrascale website and low and behold, there they were! ‍

Last edited:

Neil

Western Thunderer
Here's the latest loco for Parkend Marsh Sidings:
View attachment 217738

D6331, in the above livery, did make an appearance at Parkend Marsh Sidings during the diesel era of the branch (the Lightmoor colour album has a photo).

The model will be tested on the layout tomorrow!

Is that your weathering Tim? It's very impressive, looks like the loco has been out and about in a dusty summer's day or two.

Captain Kernow

Western Thunderer
Is that your weathering Tim? It's very impressive, looks like the loco has been out and about in a dusty summer's day or two.
Yes, this one is my own work. No airbrushes were disturbed in their slumbers on the shelf for this one, all done with washes, matt varnish, powders plus a dirty colour from a rattlecan for the bogie area, followed by more powders.

Captain Kernow

Western Thunderer
D6331 was test run on Parkend Marsh Sidings today, all was well:
20240616_140529.jpg

20240616_140630.jpg

This above is John's loco. Here by way of contrast is my BR blue one on an earlier occasion:
20230611_152044.jpg

It would be theoretically possible for both locos to have appeared at the same time, although by 1967, when the Class 22s took over from the Class 14s, there would only have been one loco working the Forest diagram.

Last edited: