Rail served oil depot

alastairq

Western Thunderer
Probably a need for some quite tall floodlights here & there?

Given the fence [not very Mod-like, in my experience]...and gate hole, there might be a need for some sort of 'permanent'....small building to house potential security guards of some sort? A sentry 'box' might not be enough.
This would need to be 'lit' as well...even if not actually, ''in use?''
Then there's the telephone lines?
I am trying to recall the incidental details of the POL point situated where I ''used-to-work?''
POL points would have a fenced-off compound for filling and storing fuel containers['Jerry' cans]
I'm not sure this facility would need that, though?

There would need to be a designated 'vehicle park' for the vehicles used by the 'staff' here, though..not just some random spot!
Fire control points were also a probability....If not actually having a decrepit fire appliance permanently parked, however. So lots of 'red' bits here and there...[for a bit of colour?]

Would one of the tracks not actually have a raised gantry to support top loading or discharging of tank wagons?

Lots of 'manhole' covers dotted around are also useful 'details' I recall....These might also be 'built-up' with brick, as well as flush with the ground surface. Not very high, but enough to barff one's shins on in the dark.

Boundary fencing [barriers] were not always present [even where I worked] at the MoD property boundaries either........with security fencing being around specific areas mainly. Hedges of a decent thickness being the norm where I worked....security fencing and gates being more 'internally' located.
Security compounds regarding fuel, etc, being more about preventing pilfering than anything else.