Re: Easybuild 105

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Easybuild 105

probably the main reason that I took them, having had a lot of trouble finding similar shots of the 128 - to all intents and purposes is the same as the 121 underneath, which is what I used as a guide when making 55993.

regards

Mike

28ten

Guv'nor
Easybuild 105

After the best part of 10 days flat on my back :headbang: I have managed to get back to the bench for half an hour and i found the postie had delivered a set of wheels and combined with some drawings from Dikitriki there should be some progress by Easter

28ten

Guv'nor
Easybuild 105

Serious work has recommenced and I have spent tonight working on the body sides cleaning the mouldings and puzzling over some of the handrail positions. Tomorrow will see a light dusting of grey primer as I am finding the black coloured sides very hard to work with, hopefully it will also highlight any blemishes before the hinges etc are fitted, remedial work is so much easier without having to worry about any details.

28ten

Guv'nor
Easybuild 105

This doesnt look like much, but cleaning up the sides takes quite a while, especially as the holes for the fuel fillers have to be cut by hand. But I know from building some of the Easybuild mk1's that preparation and deburring is essential for a good finish.
Tomorrow should see the filing and sanding completed

Attachments

• IMG_3748.jpg
    IMG_3748.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 28

28ten

Guv'nor
Easybuild 105

Phill Dyson said:
Any pics of the MK1's ?  8) 8) 8)

Phill  :wave:
I dont think I took any, I didnt think anyone would be that interested in green mk1's  :)) They are very straightforward kits, although the etch for the window surrounds can be a bit of a fiddle. In the context of quick mk1's the body sides need more prep than the JLTRT, but then they are £60 cheaper.

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Easybuild 105

28ten said:
I dont think I took any, I didnt think anyone would be that interested in green mk1's  :)) They are very straightforward kits, although the etch for the window surrounds can be a bit of a fiddle. In the context of quick mk1's the body sides need more prep than the JLTRT, but then they are £60 cheaper.

Oh that's a shame  :(

the JLTRT website seems a little unclear..........am I right in assuming  they come with interiors but no bogies included in the price ?

28ten

Guv'nor
Easybuild 105

They include interiors and bogies. The instructions are not the best, so far i have only built one, as a commission last year, but i have a load to do for myself as a 'working train' for my hydraulics.
Putting aside MMP (which are a league or two above the rest) for working MK1's I think the JLTRT shade it over the Easybuild but there is not much in it, both make up into nice models, IMHO either one is better than the Heljan option.

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Easybuild 105

28ten said:
They include interiors and bogies. The instructions are not the best, so far i have only built one, as a commission last year, but i have a load to do for myself as a 'working train' for my hydraulics.
Putting aside MMP (which are a league or two above the rest) for working MK1's I think the JLTRT shade it over the Easybuild but there is not much in it, both make up into nice models, IMHO either one is better than the Heljan option.

Thanks Cynric  :thumbs:

I'm thinking for the future MK1's for Withercombe, I think like yourself it's a toss up between Easybuild & JLTRT.......both Heljan & MMP are not in the equation for different reasons for me  :scratch:

28ten

Guv'nor
Easybuild 105

Phill Dyson said:
Thanks Cynric  :thumbs:

I'm thinking for the future MK1's for Withercombe, I think like yourself it's a toss up between Easybuild & JLTRT.......both Heljan & MMP are not in the equation for different reasons for me  :scratch:

The Easybuild would be fine for the job, they just need a little more work on the sides and fitting the window surrounds takes time to do the job properly. You can see the instructions on their website http://www.easybuildcoaches.co.uk/ and Shaun is very helpful if you have any questions.
The set I built were for a garden railway and the owner was very happy with the models,  they were sturdy enough for handling and looked the part, although I have lingering doubts about the durability of the plastic bogie pivot.

28ten

Guv'nor
Easybuild 105

Tonight has been spent removing more bits of moulding, including the headlights which are too low and will need to be replaced. I must admit that I am a bit surprised at the amount of  remedial work required to prepare the sides and ends.

rosspeacock

Modelling on a £1200 table.
Easybuild 105

Hi Cynric, nice work :thumbs: I have an Easybuild 121 to build which I got at kettering (I'll not be starting it for a while) the construction will be I assume pretty similar got the dvd  :))
Back to the durabilty of the plastic bogie pivot,,, If this is concerning you? as an alternative to using the little oblongs of plastic supplied on the sprue which go over the lugs which fit into the bogie pivot, make up your own using a bigger piece of plasticard this will increase the surface area to be glued making it stronger and less likely to pop off, Hope I have'nt got crossed wires here ha ha :))
Ross........ :wave:

rosspeacock

Modelling on a £1200 table.
Easybuild 105

28ten said:
Tonight has been spent removing more bits of moulding, including the headlights which are too low and will need to be replaced. I must admit that I am a bit surprised at the amount of  remedial work required to prepare the sides and ends.
Just been having a look at some pictures and the lights are definately too low, also the ends supplied in this kit are the same as the ones in the 129 kit I think (hence no desti blind) what is the position of the lights on a 129? this could be a compromise to save costly re-tooling etc? the lights could therefore be in the right position for a 129 but not 105, will they not carefully "slice off" with a scalpel for re-positioning? (mind you you already said you have removed them so they are likely to be "dust" on the workbench top by now :headbang:
Just a thought??
Regards Ross,  :wave:

28ten

Guv'nor
Easybuild 105

Ross, yes they are already dust :)) I Shall have to turn some more up. The bogies seem to have held up so far, as they were running from 12.00 until 5 today virtually non stop, unfortunately dumbo here forgot to charge the camera battery, so no photos  :headbang:
Phill, talking to the owner of the coaches, I believe the interior is £25 extra, which would swing me back to JLTRT as the prics is getting pretty close then.

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Easybuild 105

28ten said:
Phill, talking to the owner of the coaches, I believe the interior is £25 extra, which would swing me back to JLTRT as the prics is getting pretty close then.

Yes that does make a big difference  :scratch:

28ten

Guv'nor
Easybuild 105

First order today, more primer  :headbang: time sanding and filling so far is about 4 hours, im hoping that when i inspect this lot tonight it will good to go and I can start reinstating various details

Attachments

• IMG_3765.jpg
    IMG_3765.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3766.jpg
    IMG_3766.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 28

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Easybuild 105

Looks good gaffer I am led to believe that the plastic use for the bogies pivot is a different more hard wearing type

Ian

28ten

Guv'nor
Easybuild 105

Whilst waiting for some Rowmark for the lasering some cab details, I started playing with the destination blinds, not quite there yet, the A in Rochdale needs altering, but it is not far off

Attachments

• dest.jpg
    dest.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 138