7mm Ressaldar's kit building swansong - verse the second - D6320

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Well, another twist in the Class 22 saga, this time slightly more concerning than loosing a D prefix.

I took both 22s to the Club yesterday afternoon to give them both an outing, the blue one ran faultlessly and the green one siezed up!! I gave the green one twenty minutes on speed step 35 A cab leading then turned it round to Bcab leading and before I powered up, took these

20220223_141728_001.jpg

20220223_141758_001.jpg

20220223_141814_001.jpg

20220223_141921.jpg

and then again set the throttle at speed step 35 and after ten minutes the green one stopped dead and on inspection the powered bogie was siezed up. End of running session for D6320 and into its box. When I reached home, I stripped the bogie down, (thank heaven for the bolted together bogie chassis) and the first gear from the drive shaft worm had had most of the thickness of the tooth worn away. Needless to say that the errant motor is on its way back from whence it came. I now have re-assembled the bogie, minus motor and re-connected the pick up wires to the decoder so that I can at least have the sound on while it is coupled up as a 'calf' to D6326 and we shall see what occurs this evening at the Club. Thoughts are now straying to think what the MX699ks can be re-used to power?

New readers start here....................................................

regards

Mike

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
That's probably about right Mike, out of two 22s one them is a fail. Very prototypical!

Don't forget, when you get bored of the green one there's a good home here waiting for it.;)

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Chris,

I agree, but not sure if a green syp without route indicators would have been coupled to a blue full yellow end, but Rule 1 applies!!

I'll bear the offer in mind, depends what happens motor wise, we'll see.

regards

Mike