7mm Rolling Stock for Okehampton

Ian G

Western Thunderer
both wagons where enterd in the club competion on Friday, the pipe was the only wagon in its catagory, and the MR 5t was beaten my a few others, its nice to see other modellers in the club obtaining a high standard, I may just get 6 more 12t pipes from Tower models.

Ian G

Ian G

Western Thunderer
a couple of wagons in build together as the weather is nice I can prime and paint them outside.

Ian G

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
A SR 25t Brake van and a LMS van to add to the collection. I have now set myself a spray area in my shed that can be heated during winter.

Ian G

You wont regret that Ian. I was just saying to Chris this morning about what a difference having somewhere to spray no matter what the weather is doing is:thumbs:

Ian G

Western Thunderer
The last few days I have been trying out Scenic Rust, still not convinced I should use it on my wagons.

Ian G

Rust 1.jpg

Rust 2.jpg

Ian G

Western Thunderer
Must remember to bring camera down the club, on the work bench a set of MMP diamond frame bogies to go under an ABS LMS 40t flat/bolster wagon.

Ian G

Ian G

Western Thunderer
The next wagon on my vast list is an ex LMS 40t bogie bolster.
An ABS kit with MMP diamond frame bogie.
The wagon was built by using photos and drawings as I have lost the instructions, still a few more bits to add to it.
I could not get my head around the cast bogies so I opted for some MMP bogies.

The basic wagon.
40t 1.jpg

The bogies are being built on a club night, no castings in the kit.

DF 1.jpg

DF2.jpg

Ian G