St. Mary Hoo - P4 Southern Region third rail

Simon Glidewell

Western Thunderer
Great to see you posting here again Simon, welcome back :)

Geoff
Great to be back Geoff! I spent a lot of time yesterday on WT hunting down your latest layout and eventually found that you'd moved to the senior scale! And lo and behold you posted an update a few minutes ago leading me through some great photos! What a magnificent layout you've created... yet again!

Phil O

Western Thunderer
I have been away for a week and I come back to see that my favourite SR layout thread has reappeared. Much joy at catching up with this thread again.

Any chance of a piccy or two of the track crossing through the turnout, my favourite bit of S & C. Thanks.

Simon, I hope that you continue to make the odd post or two, more frequently than the past few years.

Simon Glidewell

Western Thunderer
I have been away for a week and I come back to see that my favourite SR layout thread has reappeared. Much joy at catching up with this thread again.

Any chance of a piccy or two of the track crossing through the turnout, my favourite bit of S & C. Thanks.

Simon, I hope that you continue to make the odd post or two, more frequently than the past few years.
Hello Phil! Many thanks for your kind comments; always appreciated. I'll find some photos of this piece of track, but sadly it lies dormant as a bit of a failure from an electrical point of view. I never found out the cause of an annoying short circuit as my electical knowledge is less than zero!

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
For Phil O as requested, my failed bisected point; I never found out how to cure a short circuit through the main point even though all the isolation gaps are in the right places.
1716032088365.jpg

Hi Simon - did this ever get resolved or it it still languishing in a dark corner?

I just cannot let this beat me :) - even though several of us WT members have proved the wiring logic. Are you able to upload a relatively high resolution top down image of the crossing so I can see all the rail gaps etc? I wouldn't mind taking another look.

Simon Glidewell

Western Thunderer
Hi Simon - did this ever get resolved or it it still languishing in a dark corner?

I just cannot let this beat me :) - even though several of us WT members have proved the wiring logic. Are you able to upload a relatively high resolution top down image of the crossing so I can see all the rail gaps etc? I wouldn't mind taking another look.
That's very kind of you Dave; I'll see if I can get one for you in the next day or so ;-)