Telford Guildex

OzzyO

Western Thunderer
I take it your one of the " we're only here for the beer " merchants.....

Martyn.

Me as if that was all it was about.

You have to think about the hotel and the breakfast, Lots of food and food for all of the day if you work it well.

and then how far it is to the pub~!!!!!!

adrian

Flying Squad
To be honest I wasn't really intending on visiting as there wasn't anything I desperately wanted to look at or buy. However given the number of Western Thunderers attending I thought it would be a really good opportunity to put a few faces to names, have a good chat and introduce myself to anyone who wondered about the people behind the scenes at WT. So I'm seriously tempted to make the trip down South.

Then to cap it all I've just got a message from Richard (Finney7) that my V2 kit is ready. This is not just any V2 kit either but a rather special kit :thumbs:,for a small additional fee I've opted for the full set of etches in nickel-silver (I detest brass with a passion!). So even more reason to visit.

I've mentioned it to the master of the house for a pass out on Saturday and she didn't object so it looks like it is on.

So if I can get down on Saturday I will make the effort to say hello to everyone that has posted so far and if you post details here I will try my best to come and say hello. For everyone else is there any interest in a group meeting? Not having been for a number of years what is the best option? At a test track, layout (Laramie is good for me!!) or cafe?

p.s. if anyone is interest in anything I've posted over the years and want a closer look then please let me know and I'll do my best to accommodate.

OzzyO

Western Thunderer
It's a bit of a bu99er when one of the big shows in this country only gets a post two days in front of it's opening day!

we could meet at the bar on the hour, but that could stop us getting around the show!

Sat. night is Oakengates for me starting at the Crown (real ale and the landlord is into railways as well). Plus there are two more real ale pubs just across the street.

Hic.

OzzyO.

SimonT

Western Thunderer
I am dividing my time between the Finney7 stand and driving big things on Laramie. See you there.
SimonT

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
... if anyone is interest in anything I've posted over the years and want a closer look then please let me know and I'll do my best to accommodate.
Oh yes please...

The Siphon F is sure to please (me) although the 4MT is going to run a close second (Peter).

thank you, Graham

OzzyO

Western Thunderer
You may not have a licence if plod sees you, it would be a bit like using a phobil moan only you would be in less control of the car unless you are Kali?

adrian

Flying Squad
The Siphon F is sure to please (me) although the 4MT is going to run a close second (Peter).
Slight change of plans - having looked at the times and prices I've decided to let the train take the strain rather than driving down - so I'll be travelling light - my apologies.