Telford

28ten

Guv'nor
It looks as though I shall be a non starter :( Wifey is on call until Sunday morning and that could be midday at which point it isnt worth the trip.

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
Shame some of you won't be going but I hope to see all of those that do.

I'll be on the GJH Plant trade stand if I miss you at the meet.

See you soon.

marsa69

Western Thunderer
Good day today. Nice to meet up with everyone again. Hopefully more fun and games tomorrow especially with the Colonel in tow :thumbs:

Western Thunderer
Great day yesterday, shame im not there today.

was great to meet up with all again. :p

Gutted i hadnt more money with me. Class 37 dropped from £400 to £200 on bring & buy & Heljan selling 3 pre prodution coaches for £75 each, prob would have got them for £200 !!.:(

Steve :cool:

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
After much deliberation... neither Steph nor I wore a hat so that would have confused Martin.

When I went to Telford-at-Bletchley the big thing was the "new kit" from any of the suppliers... :)
When Telford-for-real started the emphasis shifted to the layouts, all good and some exceptional... :cool:
Now the (personal) focus seems to be split between tools & materials and talking to friends... :thumbs:

Apart from the chat with Steph... about things which we cannot divulge... the highlight was a discussion with two or three other S7 souls about the possibility of further additions to the range of pre-group wagons in resin. I share an interest in wagon matters with Adrian (B) and thankfully we have similar a w**h-l**t for the more common and mundane type of Victorian vehicle - so the opportunity to influence the thinking of one of the 7mm master pattern makers was too good a chance to miss. Several cups of tea, coffee and hot chocolate later and the ideas began to jell.

regards, Graham

Willy

Western Thunderer
I had a great day at Telford yesterday and put some names to Avatars for the first time. I spent a lot of money including the purchase of a sound Class 33 :rolleyes: but after travelling all that way – thanks Martyn - I did forget to buy the soldering station that I had intended to buy so only a partial success!

Willy

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Forgotten purchases will always happen Willy...

Unfortunately I couldnt get there this year, yesterday I had a date with one of the new Morgan 3 Wheelers, and today I have my CME's daughters christening to photograph.. Got to look after those that are going to pass me out on the full size stuff haha..

JB.

marsa69

Western Thunderer
I had a great day at Telford yesterday and put some names to Avatars for the first time. I spent a lot of money on a sound Class 33 and those who were there when it got a good run out on Richard's superb Heyside will know exactly how much:rolleyes: !

However after travelling all that way – thanks Martyn - I did forget to buy the soldering station that I had intended to buy so only a partial success!

Willy

Hi Willy,

I think you'll find that your final bill for that 33 wasn't as big as you thought ;) I've sent you a text and a PM as well,

Cheers,

Mark

Willy

Western Thunderer
Hi Mark,

I have replied to your PM. The reason I haven't received the text is that the phone belongs to my step-son and he is not here at present but I know what needs to be done!

Willy

Willy

Western Thunderer
My Dad ended up in Hospital Friday night, and so I had no chance to make Telford this year... same thing happened before the Trent Valley Show in June, although I managed to get to the last two hours of that - no chance this time.

Thanks to Ross for letting Willy know; Willy I will be in touch. :thumbs:

Sorry to hear about your Dad Jordan and no rush with the other.

Willy

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

My Dad ended up in Hospital Friday night, and so I had no chance to make Telford this year... same thing happened before the Trent Valley Show in June, although I managed to get to the last two hours of that - no chance this time.

Thanks to Ross for letting Willy know; Willy I will be in touch. :thumbs:

I hope you all had a good 'un, although it seems I'm not the only one to miss out this year.:(

Too much Tiffin is clouding the Colonel's memory... it was Saturday and I only went the one day.... at least that's one more than this year....:rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about your dad we kept the general theme up for you slagging praising the american layout all those clanging bells and horns bliss

marsa69

Western Thunderer
Sorry to hear about your Dad Jordan and no rush with the other.

Willy

Message sent Willy, possibly twice cos my mobilet'internet is crape, hope it all goes well mate :thumbs:

My Dad ended up in Hospital Friday night, and so I had no chance to make Telford this year

Sorry to hear about your Dad mate, I hope it all turns out well :thumbs:

We made sure the Colonel behaved himself this year :p He actually joined the green camp at one point, green as in envy :D

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
Just home from Telford. Great to see those of you I caught up with and I hope those I missed will be there next time.

Especially good evening with Ross, Phill and Spud. :thumbs:

Debs.

Western Thunderer
Just back from Telford.......:thumbs:

Firstly: Many thanks to G.0.G show hospitality, the management team, the stewards/floor-crew and also to the exhibition-centre staff.....a remarkably well-run show, making for a smashing show atmosphere.

Secondly: We really enjoyed showing Rhydwyn Fawr off to the visitors, it was a privilege to enjoy such a kind and appreciative audience........We made a lot of noise; but we steel-makers simply can`t be quiescent!

The only down-side, was that with our steel production schedule; we didn`t get hardly any chance to see the other exhibitor`s or trader`s stands.:(