Osgood

Western Thunderer
Sacred blue - look what’s just turned up on the 1/43 Mid Suffolk :)

A quick search for Hachette Berliet Locotracteur should net you one around £23, looks like it would motorise reasonably easily. Good drive chain detail underneath that if you don’t need to see it going round will do just fine.

IMG_1984.jpeg

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Sacred blue - look what’s just turned up on the 1/43 Mid Suffolk :)

A quick search for Hachette Berliet Locotracteur should net you one around £23, looks like it would motorise reasonably easily. Good drive chain detail underneath that if you don’t need to see it going round will do just fine.

View attachment 223262

Ahem.......cough.........£20.18 with voucher.......cough......

Forgive me for I too have ordered a Berliet Locotracteur just in case I can do something useful with it, I was going to build a similar sort of home-brewed Jobby based on one from The Wissington Railway but this might make a suitable alternative :).
We shall see.

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Forgive me for I too have ordered a Berliet Locotracteur just in case I can do something useful with it, I was going to build a similar sort of home-brewed Jobby based on one from The Wissington Railway but this might make a suitable alternative :).
We shall see.

Hi John,

You are indeed forgiven. I have no idea what I'll do with mine but it was a case of "ooh...Nice...shiny....."

Rob

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Morning all,

Prep continues, readying Ewe for the next couple of weeks outings.

I've spent the weekend tinkering with something I said I wouldn't tinker with......the backscene. I've long been and continue to be an advocate of a simple plain backscene. However, as an experiment, I've tinkered. Ewe's backscene had acquired a few marks, so I decided that the simple solution was to paint it.

A suitable colour was identified ( snow flurries from B&Q as it happens ) and a tester pot sourced. Rollered on, it looked okay, but then the tinkering gene kicked in, and I thought about adding some clouds using a rattle can matt white..........yep.....I did....and I did.

Honestly, I'm not entirely satisfied, but with the clock ticking, they will have to do , and I can revisit at a later date.

Here are a couple images.........judge for yourselves as best you can.

1000009986.jpg

1000009985.jpg

Rob

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Very, very good! Far better than I could ever do! Well done!

The results are so good, matey, that that's a bit like saying you're not satisfied with the real sky!!

Really, they look just like real clouds!

Thanks both. Very kind.

There are however, a few rough bits that I need to attend to and one area in particular that needs amending due to 'over tweaking' after I took those photos yesterday.
I broke my own rule. "If it looks right, it probably is. So leave it until you've looked at it in the morning"......etc, etc.

But it is encouraging.

Rob