NHY 581

Western Thunderer
They should be the same, not had the opportunity to check yet. The standard points look larger than the streamline too so I suspect it’s an illusion. I’ll check and answer on my thread so as not to clog Rob’s with ephemera

Hi Paul,

It's fine and relevant as I'm probably using these for the SE&CR adventure.

Happy to host.

Rob.

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Morning all,

With the flurry of activity highlighting the new direction, things South Eastern can move onto the back burner. Essentially nearly all the basic elements have now been sourced. Station building, water tower, water crane and gas lampage are either on the way or 'in stock'.
Wind pump is the only main thing left to locate and the game's afoot with that.

Thoughts therefore must turn to readying Sheep Dip and Bleat Wharf for their respective shows. The first of these is a little under two weeks away now.

Rob.

Heather Kay

Western Thunderer
Wind pump is the only main thing left to locate and the game's afoot with that.
Ooh! I think I have a Scalelink etch here if you’d like it.

Actually, belay that. I know I had one, but I’m not sure where it’s wandered off to. It might take a bit of digging to find.

Last edited:

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Ooh! I think I have a Scalelink etch here if you’d like it.

Actually, belay that. I know I had one, but I’m not sure where it’s wandered off to. It might take a bit of digging to find.

Hi Heather...

Yes please !!! That's the one I'd settled on. If you can find it great. No rush though. I'm quite a distance away from making a start.

Rob.

Phil O

Western Thunderer
Unfortunately, I won't be able to get to the Exeter show this year, due to being in Belgium for a much delayed weekend.

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
The natural sunlight really shows things off very well.

Morning Tim,

Yes it really does bring out the colours. I was a bit worried. When I started to "refresh" the scenics I realised I did not have any of the static grass that I originally applied. What I had differed somewhat in shade. It's not ideal but quite frankly, it will have to do.

I was pleased to see that it wasn't so apparent under natural light. I'm hoping that this will be the case under the usual layout lighting.

Going forward, two things spring to mind.

1. Note the colour (s), blends and manufactuers of static grass used. I'll probably write it on the underside of the layout itself. Hopefully I won't lose that !

2. Keep a bit back as a "strategic reserve" in case of similar "needs to refresh" in the future. Probably store these in a layout specific box.

We live and learn.

Rob.

Richard Gawler

Western Thunderer
120 roll 3-001.jpg
This is my take on 'sheep' from about eight years ago. The layout provides for a continuous run in 1/64 scale ng in a slimline box file, with the outbuilding collapsing like a model in a pop-up book. There is some black elastic holding it up.

The sheep had been manufactured for 7mm scale but had turned out too small, I think I was the best customer for them ever.

At the time I had bought a studio camera with movements to do perspective control, it was a good idea at the time but terribly unwieldy for model trains.

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Morning all,

Prep continues for the Exeter show. I thing I'm just about there now. I just need to re-attach the backscene and give everything a final clean, run through and hoover.............and not look for anymore jobs.......