1/32 Workbench

S

Simon Dunkley

Simon said:
Whatever it was it sounded very good to me at Shepshed in 2008 :eek:
I thought so, too, but have no real reference point, not having seen (or heard) the prototype.

Did SWD ever give your purchase a reference number for people that followed? I guess with Dapol's model it will move up everydody's priority list soundwise anyway.
They charged me a standard rate as they said they could add it to their range, rather than a fee for doing me a special, so I presume you just phone them or email them and ask for/about it.

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
28ten said:
Fred says the kit should be ready by the 20th of this month, so I can sort the motor gearbox out at the Bristol show. The other side effect is the resumption of work on D1011  :))

Has the Postie been yet Cynric?  :)

Regards

Dan

28ten

Guv'nor
Not yet, Fred is waiting for a box big enough to put the parts in  :)) Not entirely a bad thing as I havent quite finished wrapping up the loose ends  :headbang:

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
28ten said:
Not yet, Fred is waiting for a box big enough to put the parts in   :)) Not entirely a bad thing as I havent quite finished wrapping up the loose ends  :headbang:

It's a good job he doesn't do a Western then....  :))

Good luck with the loose ends.  :thumbs:

Regards

Dan

28ten

Guv'nor
The D63xx has landed  ;D first impressions are good, and to me, fully justify going big  8) Green or blue? Blue or green?  ah stuff it! I need another one  :))
Pictures to follow once my new hard drive arrives  :headbang:

Simon

Flying Squad
Great news!

I look forward to seeing you tackle it, perhaps I'll get D6315 out of its box and try to keep up, Wenbridge Junction would then be set up for a severely diverted "Cornishman" if I ever finished it.

Well, all except for the coaches ::)

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Simon said:
Great news!

I look forward to seeing you tackle it, perhaps I'll get D6315 out of its box and try to keep up, Wenbridge Junction would then be set up for a severely diverted "Cornishman" if I ever finished it.

Well, all except for the coaches ::)
I think I would be tempted by something like some 'Bachmann Brassworks' G1 coaches with a few added details in order to achieve a reasonably long rake for a garden line  :scratch:

Phill  :wave:

28ten

Guv'nor
A couple of shots of the kit  :D all pretty self explanatory. The instructions are quite traditional with lots of very informative text on the prototype (other kit makers take note) and a nice set of transfers. The first impressions are very positive  :thumbs:

Attachments

• IMG_3666.JPG
    IMG_3666.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3667.JPG
    IMG_3667.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3668.JPG
    IMG_3668.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3669.JPG
    IMG_3669.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3670.JPG
    IMG_3670.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3671.JPG
    IMG_3671.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3672.JPG
    IMG_3672.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 25

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Hmm, I wonder if this is the point that I should return the 'Western Thunder Rubber Gauge'?  I've not done badly in managing to retain it for three weeks.  I think either you or Cookie must be contenders...

Looks a nice kit though, I can understand the attraction.  I just don't know what I'd do with it.  Mind you I've only half an idea about most of the stuff here!

Steph

Simon

Flying Squad
And to think I've got all that sat in a box and ignored this last 5 odd years :-[

Maybe 2011 will see it started, an ABC power bogie or two would seem a wise investment :scratch:

When I have finished the Manning Wardle I will open the box....

Looks good Cynric! G1 already feels a whole lot better for having you involved - things can only get better :thumbs: 

welshwizard

Western Thunderer
You had to do it didn't you, now look what you've started ooooooooooooooooooohhhh lovely!!!!!!!!!!, quick nurse the screens!!!.

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
thought that you would have had the primer drying by now ;) A great looking kit and again, as other have said, very very tempting. Saw one about three years ago at a friend's house and liked it then, but to big too put in my pocket :eek: and he has a big dog as well :eek: :eek:

Best of luck with the build.

regards

Mike

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Jordan said:
Somehow I thought it'd look a lot bigger against the Hymek  :scratch: :-[

Hi Jordan,

The 22 was 46' 81/2" and the 35 was 51' 81/2" so a lot is 'lost in the translation' as it were. Totally agree with your comments about the transfers etc.

regards

Mike

28ten

Guv'nor
This is what I have in mind, some of Mark Woods hornblocks and an acrylic sideframe. CSB's will provide the bounce and pickup via split axle. the only drawback is the wheels I have are fully insulated, but that shouldnt be too hard to change  :))
[attachimg=1]

Having seen what Pugsley has done with his 37 bogie I reckon that it should be possible to design an axle hung motor. With a Warship on the way I cant afford £650 of ABC bogies across the pair  :eek:

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 150

28ten

Guv'nor
Ressaldar said:
Hi Jordan,

The 22 was 46' 81/2" and the 35 was 51' 81/2" so a lot is 'lost in the translation' as it were. Totally agree with your comments about the transfers etc.

regards

Mike
The D63 has no wheels or bogies and although not that much longer it does have a lot of extra mass.

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Cynric,

Why would you have an axle-hung motor on a DH?  Especially when you can have cardans and drive boxes: http://pdhobbyshop.com/show_products.php?category=Trains&sub_category=%26quot%3BO%26quot%3B%20Scale%202%20Rail&sub_sub_category=Drive%20Components&manufacturer=P%26amp%3BD%20Weaver

Having seen the way these things run (i.e. very well) I'd probably have gone this route for my LMS Bo-Bo.  Would have been cheaper than the ABC gearboxes I ended up going for.  Of course you'd have to check axle diameters, but I see no big issues otherwise...

Steph

28ten

Guv'nor
Clearance under the cab is tight, which is a problem, but more than that suitable gears are quite hard to find