1/32 Workbench

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
:)) :)) :))

Don't forget to set the heater controls to the off position if they will be running round Simon's line in the summer    ;)

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Will you be putting a few people in them & maybe suitcases, newspapers & cups etc ?...........all those empty seats might look noticeable in 10mm  :scratch:

lancer1027 said:
Or leave them in the "ON" position for our summers :)) :))

Rob :wave:

Fair point  :))  :))

28ten

Guv'nor
A quick session first thing this morning saw the final truss in position

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

Im really enjoying this, it is a very satisfying size to work with.

Attachments

• IMG_4224.JPG
    IMG_4224.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_4225.JPG
    IMG_4225.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 67

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
you are beginning to sound as if you're hooked and that the 105 was the last 7mm build :eek: :eek: :eek: and tempting others to follow you :thumbs:

cheers

Mike

28ten

Guv'nor
Mike,
there are other 7mm builds lined up  :)) but as someone who is primarily a builder it is a lovely size to work in, you would love it  8)

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
I'm very tempted, I saw a 22 a few years ago and have been dreaming about one ever since - one day perhaps.

cheers

Mike

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Ressaldar said:
you are beginning to sound as if you're hooked and that the 105 was the last 7mm build :eek: :eek: :eek: and tempting others to follow you :thumbs:

cheers

Mike

I am still hoping we can squeeze an MOK 9F out of him for Heyside ;D

Richard

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Dikitriki said:

Richard

only 1 :eek: with that number of the tender options I would have thought at least three ;) ;) ;)

cheers

Mike

S

Simon Dunkley

Ressaldar said:
you are beginning to sound as if you're hooked and that the 105 was the last 7mm build :eek: :eek: :eek: and tempting others to follow you
I have to say, Mike, having been there, that if you are primarily a builder interested in locos and stock, then 1:32 is spot on.

Don't try it unless you are prepared to be hooked!
Dikitriki said:
How will you run a 1:32 9F on an 0 gauge layout?

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Simon Dunkley said:
Don't try it unless you are prepared to be hooked!
I was a member of G1MRA for a couple of years - could well rejoin and put the proverbial toe in the water - I used to like course fishing as well by the way.

cheers

Mike

28ten

Guv'nor
Progress has slowed a little as trying to track down some details on BR1 bogies so I can add more detail.  I have the drawings in Parkin but if anybody knows of any others........

28ten

Guv'nor
I had a big laser job on today so I cut a test partition out of some  scrap. it is a mk1 profile reduced by the body thickness.
[attachimg=1]

Now I know it fits, I will amend the drawing to include the corridor and light fittings etc. I need to do something similar for the 105 when it comes back, but in Rowmark. Yes Rob, the profile should be good for the Easybuild MK1  ;D

Attachments

• IMG_4230.JPG
    IMG_4230.JPG
    179.5 KB · Views: 75

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
28ten said:
I had a big laser job on today so I cut a test partition out of some  scrap. it is a mk1 profile reduced by the body thickness.
[attachimg=1]

perhaps you should also send one to Heljan (and Tower Models) so that they can correct their Mk1 profile for the BGs that are due out sometime.

cheers

Mike

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
28ten said:
[attachimg=1]

Now I know it fits, I will amend the drawing to include the corridor and light fittings etc. I need to do something similar for the 105 when it comes back, but in Rowmark. Yes Rob, the profile should be good for the Easybuild MK1  ;D
That Cynric is music to my ears :thumbs: :thumbs:

Rob :wave: