Video You Tube- Steam And Electrics

Discussion in 'Resources' started by 28ten, 27 January 2010.

1. Phill Dyson

Phill Dyson Western Thunderer

Pioneer in green

That one is from one of the 'Marsden Rail' series  http://www.cinerail.com/marsden-rail.html

2. 28ten

28ten Guv'nor

This was linked on Railnuts but I thought the link was worth sharing
    it really shows the contrast between old and new and also for me the optimism for the 'new' modernised railway

3. Neil

Neil Western Thunderer

There was a link to this at the other place, it's a brilliant piece of film and editing. By one of those funny coincidences Hornby Magazine this month features 'January 68' a layout which for me best captures that mix of old and new.

4. Phill Dyson

That's quite a find Cynric  :D  8) 8) 8)..........absolutely tons of modeling inspiration for the late 60's/early 70's time period. I know what you mean about the optimism of the time, a far cry from how things have actually turned out IMO  :(

5. 28ten

28ten Guv'nor

You have to ask yourself where it all went wrong  :scratch:

6. Pugsley

Pugsley Western Thunderer

Growing economic imbalance, followed by neoliberalism.

7. Ressaldar

Ressaldar Western Thunderer

very watchable, but turned the 'music' off - I liked the chalked sign at the ticket barrier 10 minutes 50 secs in - TRAIN SPOTTERS NOT ALLOWED

cheers

Mike

8. Neil

Neil Western Thunderer

Grantham?

9. Phill Dyson

Yep 

10. 28ten

28ten Guv'nor

Nah, it happened before then. Answering my own question, slow growth (compared to other nations) after the second world war was the real killer, by the eighties it was too late to arrest the decline, successive governments (of both parties) had failed to provide a modernising/growth strategy.