Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Final box almost completed, and a view of the three tiers together...

IMG_20230916_211836.jpg

The base for the terraced houses sits on its lid. I took the opportunity to add a mock up of the front path and wall to the base. This gives a more realistic setting for the buildings and helps hold the building in place when in transit.

IMG_20230916_212007.jpg

Overall the mass is 850mm deep, 1000mm wide and 850mm tall.

Last edited:

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Loads of great chats with people today, was funny to see Richard on the other side of the table - I normally see him behind the Finney7 stand!

I even managed to get a new building started. Hopefully will get the main structure finished tomorrow.

Phil O

Western Thunderer
Excellent work there, Chris. Must have been a quiet exhibition to actually produce something at a show, the few times I demonstrated at a show, the only production has been in the first half hour, before the punters have got to me.

MarkR

Western Thunderer
Hi Chris,
Lovely buildings, I’m sure I have missed it somewhere, but, what glue do you recommend for sticking foam board together?
Many thanks
Mark

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Excellent work there, Chris. Must have been a quiet exhibition to actually produce something at a show, the few times I demonstrated at a show, the only production has been in the first half hour, before the punters have got to me.

Was a busy show but the very wide aisles made it seem quieter. I had fewer people asking questions this year and did wonder if the more professional display actually put people off approaching me for a chat??

MarkR

Western Thunderer
Hi Chris,
Many thanks for the information, please accept my apologies for getting my wires crossed, it is I who is planning a station building made from foam board. I must pay more attention in future!
Mark

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Quietly behind the scenes I've done further work on the tin goods store that I started at the Stafford show. I wasn't happy with how the roof module sat in the building, probably something to do with rushing it before the show closed on the Sunday, so did a spot of strip back and redo.

That done, the next task was thinking about cladding the roof and walls. I've settled on the Wills asbestos sheets for the roof but uses what...

IMG_20231001_121145.jpg

Yup, the small size of these sheets strikes again. Just too short and not long enough. Oh and the stash only contains 4 sheets - not enough. So the roof has gone on the back burner for a bit.

Attention turned to the wall cladding. Panels cut out of what I think might be Slater's corrugated sheet. Did the rear first to get my eye in and check everything sits and sets nicely. As it's a thin sheet I've used Limonene rather than Butanone.

IMG_20231001_185334.jpg

For the sides and front the panels will have little bolt impressions added with a sharp pointy thing. Trying to work out from photos the treatment around the windows - how the tin sheet interfaces with the wooden frame.

The building always lurks in the background of photos or is obscured by stock. This is about as good as you get:
Screenshot_2023-10-02-17-24-39-138_com.facebook.katana~2.jpg
Any thoughts appreciated