Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Back in the days of set top boxes I recorded that Warsaw concert with the full symphony orchestra that Channel 4 broadcast. Comfortably Numb was the final number and it finished with everyone else dropping away and just Rick's chord. The lights went out as he finished. Something like a week later the cancer got him.
When I tried to download the concert off the the box it wouldn't do as advertised. I never did get to save it before the blasted box died.
I've got most of their stuff on LP, CD, and download. An LP is not much use in the car. Might have to get some more Crimson for the journey to Guildford.

Been trying to find a recording on YouTube of that CN version but no joy so far.

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
I remember the stand collapse being on the news days before we were due to go. Amazing that it was all sorted out and the concerts continued. Can't help but think the concerts would have been cancelled these days and a full h&s review and inquiry held.
I was in the same situation. A flight back to the UK would have been a huge expense had the concert been cancelled but I took the chance and on this occasion I won in spades.

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
So, I was merrily progressing with building up the stonework on the left hand side panel when I had another look at the prototype photos...

PXL_20231202_123806727.jpg

Looks like I can save a good bit of effort as a good ⅓ is actually covered by a notice board. Nearly got carried away following the pattern I'd drawn on from an earlier period photo wth no notice board. Thankfully I didn't get too far adding the stones behind it.

Osgood

Western Thunderer
Can you remind me please - do you carve with a hand or powered device?

I don't suffer from attention deficit hpyera....oh look there goes a Manning Wardle

Last edited:

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Can you remind me please - do you carve with a hand or powered device?

I don't suffer from attention deficit hpyera....oh look there goes a Manning Wardle

No need for powered tools, the plasticard is quite soft. I'll post a photo of the tools used later today.