Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Good modelling and a malt, go hand in hand, not that I was drinking when I posted, Hic :)

Gary

I quite agree Gary that for tasks like this a stiff drink and some soothing music are required.

#4,650 tiles to put down on the roof, 4,650 tiles to put down.
4,649 tiles to put down on the roof, 4,649 tiles to put down.
4,648 tiles.....

Let me know when you finish Stu. :))

Last edited:

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
I quite agree Gary that for tasks like this a stiff drink and some soothing music are required.

As opposed to a soothing drink and some stiff music.

One question if I may, Old chap. Is there a 'formula' when drawing and cutting a hipped roof out ? It's one of life's mysteries to me......

Rob.

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
As opposed to a soothing drink and some stiff music.

One question if I may, Old chap. Is there a 'formula' when drawing and cutting a hipped roof out ? It's one of life's mysteries to me......

Rob.

Cheat.

rps20200505_140455.jpg

Notes on step 3:
Height h should take a bit off to allow for the roof finish inc finishes.
Cut former parts 2 as shown and then cut a thin strip off the tall side equivalent to 1/2 the thickness of the material used for part 1.
Measure the length of part 3 and cut to suit location.

cmax

Western Thunderer
Hi Gary, that's dedication (or lockdown boredom) over and above the call of duty. Glad you found the threads useful.

Hi Chris, Good modelling is good modelling, so far from boredom, your threads are very useful, Thank you, as I said in the US model dabblings thread, I find it fascinating how modellers explain what they expect from the materials used, but more importantly the time it takes to prep, any pitfalls encountered and their solutions to produce the finished model.

Looking forward to further updates.

Regards,

Gary

Peter Cross

Western Thunderer
Cheat.

View attachment 123413

Notes on step 3:
Height h should take a bit off to allow for the roof finish inc finishes.
Cut former parts 2 as shown and then cut a thin strip off the tall side equivalent to 1/2 the thickness of the material used for part 1.
Measure the length of part 3 and cut to suit location.

My little book gave me all the info for all angles of roof. Only ever had one problem with it, one apprentice could not multiply or divide by 10's and 100's. I nearly jumped off the scaffolding when he told me, if he wanted to be a mathematician he'd of stayed at school.