40126's 16T Mineral Wagons Workbench

Western Thunderer
Hopefully laptop will be fixed this week

If i can get up to yours this week Rob i'll bring ipod lead to upload some fingers crossed

Steve :cool:

Western Thunderer
Here's the new minerals i bought off eBay recently

Nov 11 Aug 12 634.JPGNov 11 Aug 12 637.JPGNov 11 Aug 12 638.JPGNov 11 Aug 12 649.JPG

2 have been detached & primed with their chassis having the wheels & coupling boxes removed

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Weathering on the PMV looks very promising Steve :cool::thumbs:.................those minerals will serve you well on a garden railway too :)

Phill

Western Thunderer
& a few pics of the PMVY

PMVY 1.JPG

PMVY 2.JPG

PMVY 3.JPG

PMVY 4.JPG

Hope you like ? ;)

Again A big thankyou to Rob (Lancer1027) :bowdown::bowdown:

Western Thunderer
Thanks guys :thumbs::thumbs:

Rob weathered the minerals while waiting for me to go up to his house. My previous job stopped me going up. He's done a really nice job on them. Ive got 4 more to paint & weather up. :D

Western Thunderer
4 more Big big / Triang wagons purchased off eBay. :thumbs:

Progress pics to follow

Now ! I'm at a crossroads, Do i continue with 4 more minerals ?, or follow in Phill's diesel smoke & get some Parkside box vans shells to put on the Big Big / triang chassis ?. :confused:

S

SteveO

When I get around to it, I would do the opposite - use Lima/Triang bodies on different underframes. The Peco kit (I think No. 08) is good for the job, and at about £12.50 each is not a bad price either. I worked out I could have a perfectly reasonable mineral wagon for about £15-16 if I shopped wisely.