4mm & 7mm Llanfair ....

LarryG

Western Thunderer
Mid-Winter Update : I have always been wedded to a platform-mounted signalbox and so having eventually settled on the tiny 'Llansantfraid' box, the platform end was lengthened this morning to take the steps. Obviously, a right handed box like Llanfyllin would have been preferred.

WEB Llanfair new 2.jpg

Track has been lying around loose for several months just to remind me of the layout, but I hope to glue something down before long. Marks on the baseboard show the previous position of tracks. The whole set-up has been much reduced since disposing of all the corridor coaches.
WEB Llanfair new 1.jpg

Last edited:

LarryG

Western Thunderer
Larry, it sounds like the O gauge itch is still irritating "a little" :rolleyes:,
Hi Muddy, It has occupied my mind since 2018. 0 gauge looks so realistic and I also prefer 7mm laser cut buildings. Having to reach beyond the confines of my shed to build a return loop in the garden is a bummer. And carriages...........Well, I just don't enjoy building other peoples kits.

LarryG

Western Thunderer
Not far off completing the construction of a goods shed ~ again. Probably my 7th or 8th just to keep my hand in at the workbench. All were built differently, this one has the bargeboards fitted for a change. The inner platform clips out so it can be detailed...

WEB Goods 7mm 5.jpg

Last edited:

LarryG

Western Thunderer
What's up Doc? I removed the roof from the office, lowered the angle of the wall tops and then extended the side walls and roof. This was done because I wished to fit two large shed doors which would have covered the side window in the open position. It's all good fun.... :D

WEB Goods 7mm 6.jpg

Last edited:

LarryG

Western Thunderer
Now that I have recovered from a minor bout of 7mm-itis, an identical 4mm version is on the go with extended office and lower pitched roof. The larger shed won't be painted now, so if anyone is looking for a 7mm goods shed, there's one here. At least the laborious task of gluing on roof slates is done and it will also have shed doors by the time it is advertised for sale on here....
WEB Goods 7mm 4mm.jpg

Last edited:

LarryG

Western Thunderer
Latest incarnation of the LaserCut goods in 4mm. Awaiting weathering....
WEB Goods 4mm 4.jpg

The whole building was sprayed with Halfords Matt Lacquer, but becasue the darker bricks dried glossy, I had to pick everyone out with Humbrol Matt enamel. The sliding door runner in particular needs weathering...
WEB Goods 4mm 3.jpg

Martin Shaw

Western Thunderer
Thanks Larry, I had been told to use a "Fast Grab PVA", but I couldn't really find anything that fitted. UHU sounds familiar enough.
Martin

simond

Western Thunderer
Martin,

I have used the exterior grade evostik pva (blue bottle) for all my laser cut buildings

Hth
Simon

LarryG

Western Thunderer
In order to gain access to the interior to fit glazing etc, only part of the floor is fitted, basically to prevent the walls from bowing...

WEB Station new 8.jpg

Alterations during construction included shortening the length of the end waiting room and bricking-in the roadside entrance. The back of the building will be private with a small courtyard and a lean-to kitchen on the station masters house. Further work cannot proceed until the kitchen arrives....
WEB Station new 8B.jpg