7mm A Cct Makeover With A Little Help From Oven Pride

TheSnapper

Western Thunderer
Any chance of a scan of the pic until I can get hold of the book ?.......is the book still in print ?......

No probs Phill, sorry for delay, I've been working all weekend!

It's one of those old square Bradford Barton paperbacks from 1978 - long-time out of print, but Nick Tozer or others often have them at shows:

Cover (Large).jpg

Here's the page I referred to:

Page8 (Large).jpg

Steve - thanks for the link to your PMV build. Mine will be mucky green - more muck than green probably!

Cheers

Tim

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Thanks Tim :)...much appreciated :thumbs:

Is that the one you picked up at Halifax the other year ? ...........some of these books have now been reprinted by Book Law/Santona ;)

img320.jpg

Cheers Phill

Pennine MC

Western Thunderer
Nearest I can come up with is a B&W photo in David Larkin's "BR General Parcels Rolling Stock" on page 8, of an even-planked CCT pictured in 1969 numbered S1765S.

That's from the batch I mentioned in post #27 - it's not completely even planked, only the doors.

Yes a good heads up that link , im just wondering which variant ive got as it hasnt the lower body side vents Pmv maybe?

The vans without bodyside vents are of SECR origin (the design was widely adopted by the Southern but originated before the Grouping) - the article in the link mentions that.

All or any of the Dave Larkin books are a goldmine if you're into freight stock, he has something like 17000 negatives and has more recently bought in shots from earlier collections. He's done series for Bradford Barton, Santona and Kestrel Books. I dont know the position now but the BB ones used to fetch silly prices; they were about 3 quid in the '70s.

westernfan

Western Thunderer
yes i read the attachment a second time and got my awnser . looks like i need to remove the roof torpedo vents and add some side vents under the marker boards for my model to run with the cct circa early 60s

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
All or any of the Dave Larkin books are a goldmine if you're into freight stock, he has something like 17000 negatives and has more recently bought in shots from earlier collections. He's done series for Bradford Barton, Santona and Kestrel Books. I dont know the position now but the BB ones used to fetch silly prices; they were about 3 quid in the '70s.

I would love to get a copy of the Parcels Stock one ..............but not at silly collectors prices :rolleyes:

Phill

TheSnapper

Western Thunderer

Attachments

• back (Large).jpg
    back (Large).jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Cover2 (Large).jpg
    Cover2 (Large).jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Cover3 (Large).jpg
    Cover3 (Large).jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 8

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
I will look out for those books Tim :) ....not bad at all at £6.50, I will have to have a look in Nick's shop when I get a chance, as it's not far from me;)

Don't know about anyone else, but I've not done any CRT kits....some nice Southern stuff though.

Once I've done something with the Slaters CCT, I have a Westdale GUV & Stanier BG (MTH) to do for my parcels rake.

My present parcels rake is just a few MK1 BG's & a Syphon G, so it could it do with a bit more variety ;)

Phill